A light scattering of images, leading to heavier showers in the north.

Soldato
Can you tell im running out of ideas for the names of my threads? Anyway, heres a few from this week;

Beyond_there_is_nothing_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Smile_for_the_camera_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

A_wholegrain_break_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Not_the_only_rock_in_the_ocean_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Defend_against_the_incoming_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Loving those first two Messiah Khan. The second one is such a good macro! Also the 3rd from a macro point of view and I don't say much about bugs

I cant say the following images are doing much for me to be honest.
Number 4 I think the rock is far to close to the front of your shot. I feel it should be more -central to the left or right. I could be wrong on this but I just am not feeling this one.

The last one I think there is a better shot involving the tires around the post if you could isolate that somehow? Although it is a very nice shot. gorgeous water though.

They are all nice shots but I am just being very picky tonight.

Associate
Absolute pleasure looking at your photo's. I love the first one and particularly like the last one. Composition is just beautiful. Not a fan of macro insects .... well not a fan of insects, but nonetheless technically well done!

Keep em coming fella! Keeps me going on those boring days at work.

Martin

Soldato
How do you get the water like that?

I bet my camera isnt up to that technique anyway. All full auto everything. I do have a 4 sec long time exposure option though.:p

Great photos though I love the 1st one.. cracking stuff.

Associate
droolinggimp said:

I bet my camera isnt up to that technique anyway. All full auto everything. I do have a 4 sec long time exposure option though.:p

Being a total noob, I would have to guess; but I think a tripod and long exposure would result in the fluffy water?

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Can you tell im running out of ideas for the names of my threads?
Maybe a little but you're not running out of ideas for top class photgraphs :)

#3 is great because of subject and angle means the usual DOP issues are not visible. Just fully in focus insent and stalk

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Fstop11 said:
Loving those first two Messiah Khan. The second one is such a good macro! Also the 3rd from a macro point of view and I don't say much about bugs

I cant say the following images are doing much for me to be honest.
Number 4 I think the rock is far to close to the front of your shot. I feel it should be more -central to the left or right. I could be wrong on this but I just am not feeling this one.

The last one I think there is a better shot involving the tires around the post if you could isolate that somehow? Although it is a very nice shot. gorgeous water though.

They are all nice shots but I am just being very picky tonight.

Thanks for the crit Johnny. I agree about the composition of 4. If I had about doubled the distance of the rock from the front of the frame I think it would have worked better. Also I should have had it further to the right. In an ideal world, I would have also liked the far rock to have a similar shape the close one.

I see what you mean about 5, but that would have involved wet feet unfortunately.

martinturner said:
Absolute pleasure looking at your photo's. I love the first one and particularly like the last one. Composition is just beautiful. Not a fan of macro insects .... well not a fan of insects, but nonetheless technically well done!

Keep em coming fella! Keeps me going on those boring days at work.

Martin

Cheers :)

droolinggimp said:

I use a ND10 filter to achieve exposures of up to about 3 minutes. This completely neutralises any wave movement, and make the water look like mist.

martinturner said:
Being a total noob, I would have to guess; but I think a tripod and long exposure would result in the fluffy water?

Yup.. thats the trick. :)

Mohain said:
No. 2 is a great macro. I like no. 4 too. Love the toning on the last two
icon14.gif

Cheers. Im pleased with the toning ive been using recently. It might get bolder or subtler, but expect to see a fair bit of my work like this.

Hen_Dawg said:
Maybe a little but you're not running out of ideas for top class photgraphs :)

#3 is great because of subject and angle means the usual DOP issues are not visible. Just fully in focus insent and stalk

Thanks. Doing insect macros like this, the angle is half the trick to overcome the restrictions of the limited dof.

alangelluk said:
fantastic shots as usual mate, reeeeally love number 5!

Cheers.

Dazzlercee said:
Great shots. Love 1 and 4.

Thanks.

Wet feet! I really do wish someone would follow me when I go in bizarre missions! I spent 1 hour and a half stood crotch deep in a cold stream a few days ago. I went for a half a mile walk up/in stream!

hehe I'm only joshing with ya but the one thing a photo tutor at my college told me was not to be bothered to get wet! I guess he was right!

Soldato
OP
Fstop11 said:
Wet feet! I really do wish someone would follow me when I go in bizarre missions! I spent 1 hour and a half stood crotch deep in a cold stream a few days ago. I went for a half a mile walk up/in stream!

hehe I'm only joshing with ya but the one thing a photo tutor at my college told me was not to be bothered to get wet! I guess he was right!

Hehe, im not too worried about getting wet, but I have a feeling it wasn't just water that I would be standing in. That shot was taken at South Gare, which is quite close to one of Britains biggest chemical/steel/nuclear sites. And the oil in the water didn't look too appetising either. :p I have however considered getting a pair of waders. :D

Associate
no1 is great. Just the kind of shots i envisage myself taking when I bought my camera. Settings pls?

I have canon 400d + efs 10-22 and am hoping to get some cracking shots. Just haven't had time yet.

Moving soon to the country and will be posting. :)

Dont xpect to be up to your standard though ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom