A Magic Trick

Caporegime
Just wondering how the following trick is done, the answer is probably something simple but I'm not sure.

The magician asks for 3 volunteers, he has a pack of cards, he says to imagine all 52 cards floating above the table, he picks out one for two of the volunteers, stating the suit of each of the invisible cards, he asks one volunteer for a low, odd number, and the second volunteer and even high number, for the third volunteer he tells them what number was on the back and then asks the volunteer to state what the card is, he specifies is must not be either of the cards already picked.

He then opens the pack of cards, the cards are pre marked in the pack with numbers 1 to 52, he then performs the reveal and the numbers the volunteers gave are their cards and the card the third volunteer stated matches the number the magician gave. How is it done?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I can't provide you with a video.

My first thought was that theres only 2 cards in the whole pack, which would work, one card being all odd one being all even but then the 3rd volunteer picking whatever card they want complicates things. Is my description clear enough or do I need to literally show the dialogue between the magician and his volunteers?

Soldato
Any trick that involves picking a number is liable to involve leading decision making, which is very derren brown-exams. Ie, your selection was never a free choice, you were carefully led there.

Back
Top Bottom