A modest student build ;)

Associate
OP
So ive made my first mistake and that is, in buying the thermochill 120.3 as it does not fit into my system :(, will be ordering a stealth radiator now, and as you can see i have a rad for sale :D

Associate
OP
well the roof is modded to fit a 360, its just that i didnt get a stealth one, i got a full size one, my bad for buying the case last and everything first

Associate
OP
yeh no sound card yet, i do have space a spare slot between the gpu's and between the nic and the gpu, but i havent got proper speakers just some cheap ones at the moment, will be getting a sound card when i get some white aego m's to go with my theme :D

Soldato
how the heck have you blagged this spec for a UNI PC, I thought my P4 2.8 northwood build was pushing it back in the day!
£250 for the 1GB corsair XMS ram kit!

those were the days...

Associate
OP
UPDATE:

Ok so ive got my drill and holes have been made in the case and brackets. Keep reading for more pics!

Got to love ocuk DPD next day delivery, got myself the black ice stealth 360 rad for the top roof.
img4778l.jpg

It was a bit fidly to install with the brackets, as i wasnt happy with how they sat and also because the scythe gt's have the corner cut off i had to do a little plastic cutting to let the brackets hold onto more of the fan. Also re-inforced the brackets so they could hold extra weight.
img4777dx.jpg

img4780k.jpg

Mesh roof with the fans underneath, cant really see them so not to distract from the case itself.
img4785b.jpg

Drilled & installed the pulse 480 radiator bracket.
img4789e.jpg

Fans & XSPC 480 radiator installed, it fit quite nicely inside, although with such a thick radiator theres not enough room to run push/pull with the psu being the main thing interfering inside.
img4790hg.jpg

Had some spare white 120mm fan grills so i thought id just mount them underneath the radiator on the roof to make it look pretty :)
img4791v.jpg

Lamptron fan controller and blu ray drive installed to check the spacing for fittings + tubes for the radiator.
img4796p.jpg

Had a look and noticed that the bay slot covers fitted perfectly on the inside in reverse. Thought that this would be a perfect way to mount the reservoir and it'd look quite nice.
img4798k.jpg

Yup, it looked pretty damn good actually.
img4801ye.jpg

DDC pump installed, these compressions look damn good. It was also really good that the reservoir can be slid up and down to get the proper fit meaning i didnt have to measure the tube that precisely.
img4810m.jpg

So this is it for today, will try and do some tomorrow but oh my god my fingers are in PAIN, these damn compressions are so tight with 7/16" tubing + EK fittings.

Associate
OP
will be posting some more photo soon for the final pics of the build! i actually found that using a stanley knife to trim like 1-2mm off the end of the tube once ive slipped on the compression so that it tapers down actually helped me to twist on the coupler piece all the way down. also advice for anyone else, make the cables a tiny bit longer than you need, because twisting the cables in the opposite direction so you can twist them into the their thread was a bitch for me!

Back
Top Bottom