• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A new low end card from nVIDIA: GT 1010.

Don
It's essentially a Quadro P400.

There is still a market for this, and that is users who aren't gaming, but still need a decent CPU. With almost all Ryzens lacking integrated graphics - this fills a hole that AMD themselves haven't got covered with any of their own low end cards, and probably means cards like the GT710 can come to an end

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Genuine question... Can it run Crysis?

The original in 1080p maxed settings
If you want to keep up 60fps - no. https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/crysis-2007-retro-test-gpu-cpu-2 . A GTX 1650 can pull off an average of 60, with minimum drops in the 40s. A GTX 1050 ti gets average in the 40s, with drops to 30s (assuming no CPU bottleneck).

A fairer comparison is it might be able to run it about on par with the highest end Threadripper with the latter in software rendering mode.

Edit: This would suggest my Ryzen 2700x and RTX 2060 may be bang on the minimum required for running the original Crysis at 60fps plus on max at 1080p. Maybe I'll have to dig it out and have a go.

I must confess, I'm struggling to envisage what useful purpose this might serve? Extra monitors perhaps?
Actually yeah - I think nVIDIA maybe spotted the RX 6500 XT and RX 6400 only support a maximum of 2 monitors and decided to release this for a giggle.

Last edited:
Associate
If you want to keep up 60fps - no. https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/crysis-2007-retro-test-gpu-cpu-2 . A GTX 1650 can pull off an average of 60, with minimum drops in the 40s. A GTX 1050 ti gets average in the 40s, with drops to 30s (assuming no CPU bottleneck).

A fairer comparison is it might be able to run it about on par with the highest end Threadripper with the latter in software rendering mode.

Edit: This would suggest my Ryzen 2700x and RTX 2060 may be bang on the minimum required for running the original Crysis at 60fps plus on max at 1080p. Maybe I'll have to dig it out and have a go.

Actually yeah - I think nVIDIA maybe spotted the RX 6500 XT and RX 6400 only support a maximum of 2 monitors and decided to release this for a giggle.

What about in SLI?

Soldato

To be honest, 1080p and 60fps were unimaginable in most games still in 2007. Counterstrike and Day of defeat source there the only games I remember playing with really good FPS

I first played Crysis on a Geforce 7800GT. It did not play well! It did play however so downing a few options playing in 720p or lower was possible. It still looked great.
Geforce GTX 280 was the card I seem to remember it playing well on with higher settings and resolution.

If a GT 1010 could pull off 720p, medium settings that would be quite nice...However everyone today wants 144fps, 4k :rolleyes: Gone are the days of being stunned by SVGA 640 x 480

GT 1010 SLI, interesting idea @Vish Petrol

Back
Top Bottom