1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A photo says a thousand words....

Discussion in 'Memory' started by Ace Modder, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Schizo

Don

I am in training though lol

2. Talasour

Gangster

Can this get anymore RGB?

3. Glanza

Sgarrista

Who's ram is it your using before you stick the Antec logo on top?

4. JoeF1

Mobster

The RES is out of focus :(

5. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

Do I actually need a 10bit panel to view all the colors in this image. :D

6. David Bisset

Wise Guy

Eww that's hideous

7. AETAaAS

Gangster

A thousand words? With RAM pricing these days, filling 4 slots says two words; "Behold, peasants!". :p

8. Quartz

Soldato

Whoa! :)

9. chaparral

Capodecina

Am tight with my money so I only filled two slots with 32GB DDR4....:D

10. Marsman

Capodecina

I find subtle RGB can look nice, but that looks like a garish 80s neon disco in a PC case.

11. Klo

Mobster

27 here. Looks cool for 5/10 minutes, get bored of it quickly in daily use and would turn all lights off.

12. -UnderClocker-

Associate

LGBTPC

13. Robin Gregg

Gangster

Loving the comment :D

14. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

So Avexir have taken their Raiden product, swapped the plasma tube for RGB LEDs and slapped an Antec logo on it...

I could think of worse things, I guess.

15. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

To be fair, if you wanted to be cute about it all memory is rebranded.

16. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

So commenting on a product similarity is now "being cute"? Not every thing on the internet is a criticism, and not every criticism on the internet needs to be called out. Unless, of course, you want to be cute about it.

Besides, I think you're mixing up "memory product" and "memory IC"; Samsung ICs end up in a lot of different products, but Corsair Vengeance is exclusively Corsair Vengeance and is not "rebranded" Samsung memory, nor is it used as a basis for somebody else's product (AFAIK). However, compare the Avexir Raiden to the Antec product here and you'll see quite clearly that Avexir are Antec's OEM for this, with a few minor tweaks. Not that I recall saying this was a bad thing, just stating that this wasn't an original Antec product.

17. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

I'm not mixing up anything, now you're being extremely cute about it lol.

Memory vendors rebrand all the time, they're effectively putting their name on the same IC as everyone else. So Corsair make their own memory IC now? That's news to me. The reality is a lot of Corsairs stockpile is passed over from G.Skill secondhand. And yes, it's still the same IC as practically every other recent kit on the market.

I think you took way too much offense to me using the word cute, by the way.

18. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

No, no offense or being cute, just simply offering a clarification over what is essentially an inconsequential point. A memory IC is a component within a DIMM, not the entire DIMM. A Samsung IC is still a Samsung IC regardless of whose DIMMs it goes into, but that doesn't make it a rebrand. Asus's 10Gb ethernet card isn't a rebranded Intel card just because Intel make 1 component of it, Asrock motherboards are not a rebranded Nichicon product just because their capacitors are used. However this Antec DIMM is a rebranded Avexir Raiden because they are essentially the same. Same logic applies to reference graphics cards; a Gigabyte Founders Edition is just a rebranded Nvidia Founders Edition, but a Gigabyte Windforce is not.

Regardless, I like the style of the Avexir Raiden, so I think this Antec product looks boss.

19. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

It is the entire DIMM. Everything else is athestic and offers no tangable benefit other than this lol. A Windforce is still an NVIDIA labeled product. Very few memory vendors tout which memory IC without delving into the product specification, sometimes not at all. So, there you have it. It's not of importance, but that is why if you're going to mention the fact it's Averxir just relabeled, then it's worth mentioning the fact.

20. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

So sorry to see that someone has thrown up on your computer :(

Hope it cleans out okay.