a retro game im trying to find..

Associate
hey when i was younger i used to have guitar lessons round this guys house with my sis and whilst one was practising the other would play on his computer.
there was this one game where you are a trainee wizard in some kind of school/city. its a point an click game and one thing i seem to be able to remember is an ape with a banana in the library. and also a frog jumping over the gate of the school. or something similar. lol.
thinkk it had a turtle with a world on its back at the opening screens which i think is something along the lines of diskworld but for the world of google i cant find the game im on about.
oh and i think the trainee wizard had purple robes.. maybe..
lol
any ideas?
cheers

Associate
OP
excellent cheers, ill get to finding it in a sec, and aye it wasnt simon the sorcerer cos i went and bought them thinkin it was the game.. it wasnt. my sis liked it tho so she kept them lol.
excellent :D cheers for the help guys! i love that game :D

Soldato
Yeh - the librarian gets turned into an ape in a bad wizarding 'experiment' - they could turn him back but he preferes being an ape!

Its the 'Unseen' university where you train to be a wizard - cant remember the name of the game though im afraid!

100% definately Discworld series. However your original post almost reads as if you knew this already.

Associate
OP
lol yep it was indeed discworld 1, the second one has updated graphics etc.
i didnt even realisle discworld had games though in that original post so yeah, thought it was some kind of rip off :S
anyway i managed to get it running through *ScummVM* daily build. its not officially supported but it works, makes the sound work and is saveable.
only had to get 3 diff. versions of the game to eventually find the english.smp to make speech happen! lol. awesome game tho ive already got farther than the last time i played it. i am 10 years older though!
cheers for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom