A similar Psu to Kolink Enclave 600W Gold

Soldato
My options are the following:
  1. Cooler Master MWE 650 Watt Bronze = 115$
  2. Cooler Master MWE 650 Watt Gold Modular = 150$
  3. XFX 500 W Bronze = 80$
  4. Thermaltake Litepower and Smart Rgb ( I think I should avoid these)
  5. Golden Field ATX-600W Gold = 95$
  6. RAIDMAX VORTEX 800W +80 GOLD = 132$
  7. Cooler Master Mwe white 650W= 106$
  8. Gigabyte B700H : Psu 700W 80+ Bronze = 115$
  9. Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 550W = 115$
  10. Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700 = 118$
  11. RAIDMAX 535W BRONZE SEMI MODULAR = 83$
  12. CORSAIR CV550 80PLUS BRONZE = 110$
  13. FSP HYDRO PRO 600W - BRONZE = 110$
  14. RAIDMAX 735W BRONZE THUNDER RGB = 118$
  15. FSP RAIDER S550 550W 80PLUS SILVER = 120$
That's list sucks more than vacuum and is like from some old junk dumping ground.
Nearly all of those would have been outdated low end already decade ago.

So it is better to take the shot for cooler master one?
At least Coolermaster MWE Gold is modern DC-DC design with modern efficiency.
Though capacitors are definitely from cheaper bag and there are few other cost cuts.

Though you could easily go for good quality 450W PSU.
Power draw of your components stays below 200W.

Associate
OP
That's list sucks more than vacuum and is like from some old junk dumping ground.
Nearly all of those would have been outdated low end already decade ago.

At least Coolermaster MWE Gold is modern DC-DC design with modern efficiency.
Though capacitors are definitely from cheaper bag and there are few other cost cuts.

Though you could easily go for good quality 450W PSU.
Power draw of your components stays below 200W.

So the bronze one is not reliable at all?

Soldato
Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Have you decided yet ?

Are there any other psu you could choose, ir save up a bit more.

A decent 400w would run your system

Use a psu calculator.

I ordered Cm Mwe 650w Gold.
No 400w psus available in all my country.
Oh by the way, my friend bought that Golden Field Psu and It was DAO.

Soldato
PSU calculators are mostly utter garbage, they they tend to wildly overestimate requirements.

I'm sure what the OP ordered will be fine, but honestly the Bronze V2 would have been fine too.

People often go by efficiency rating but that's not always the full picture, you can technically have a better quality bronze unit than gold, one which is safer to use and has better warranty to boot. In the grand scheme of things you need to take all components in a case by case basis, all companies release crap at some point and all a 'Gold' rating really does is measure efficiency.

I don't think you've made a bad decision by any means, I'm sure the PSU you bought will be just fine, but don't get too caught up in labels in the future.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
PSU calculators are mostly utter garbage, they they tend to wildly overestimate requirements.

I'm sure what the OP ordered will be fine, but honestly the Bronze V2 would have been fine too.

People often go by efficiency rating but that's not always the full picture, you can technically have a better quality bronze unit than gold, one which is safer to use and has better warranty to boot. In the grand scheme of things you need to take all components in a case by case basis, all companies release crap at some point and all a 'Gold' rating really does is measure efficiency.

I don't think you've made a bad decision by any means, I'm sure the PSU you bought will be just fine, but don't get too caught up in labels in the future.

I definitely understand how am going to pick psus in the future. The reason that made me lean towards the gold one is the fully modular design, at least i can have a better cable management and improved airflow.

Make sure you report back and let us how it's going, good luck.
Roger. Thank you!

Soldato
I definitely understand how am going to pick psus in the future. The reason that made me lean towards the gold one is the fully modular design, at least i can have a better cable management and improved airflow.

You've bought a very nice PSU all things considered, and I wasn't calling you out or saying you had done wrong in what you chose. I just wanted you and others that may read this thread to understand some things, the hardware world is a little confusing at times after all.

Be sure to let us know how things go!

Associate
OP
You've bought a very nice PSU all things considered, and I wasn't calling you out or saying you had done wrong in what you chose. I just wanted you and others that may read this thread to understand some things, the hardware world is a little confusing at times after all.
Be sure to let us know how things go!

I totally understand you sir!
Many thanks for your time and precious advices! As you saw the list of available psus had no good bronze rated one beside the CM.
Also, all of them have no warranties or 1 year warranty max. Even the one I ordered, which normally has a 5 year warranty, has one year only. Kinda sad..
Third world countries suffer in hardware.

Soldato
I totally understand you sir!
Many thanks for your time and precious advices! As you saw the list of available psus had no good bronze rated one beside the CM.
Also, all of them have no warranties or 1 year warranty max. Even the one I ordered, which normally has a 5 year warranty, has one year only. Kinda sad..
Third world countries suffer in hardware.

It's rough for you but I'm glad you're in a position to actually buy such things.

Do you not have friends or family in other countries where you could buy stuff and have them ship it to you? That way you'd get the warranty and better services.

Associate
OP
It's rough for you but I'm glad you're in a position to actually buy such things.

Do you not have friends or family in other countries where you could buy stuff and have them ship it to you? That way you'd get the warranty and better services.

Corona virus paralysed everything for us. If we make it safely through this pandemic, things will get better hopefully.

Associate
OP
UPDATE:
My friend bought the GOLDENFIELD ATX-600W GOLD (the one that I talked about in this post). When he installed it, smokes came out of his pc, it fried his hard drives and pc fans ( luckily his cpu, gpu, and motherboard are ok). He switched back to his older psu.
Anyways, no one buys this psu if found anywhere.

Man of Honour
UPDATE:
My friend bought the GOLDENFIELD ATX-600W GOLD (the one that I talked about in this post). When he installed it, smokes came out of his pc, it fried his hard drives and pc fans ( luckily his cpu, gpu, and motherboard are ok). He switched back to his older psu.
He's should have talked to you first, before he got Golden FRIED.

Was his system working when he put his old psu back in ?

Associate
OP
He's should have talked to you first, before he got Golden FRIED.

Was his system working when he put his old psu back in ?

I told him but he did not listen because of the price tag. Yes, his pc started working after reinstalling his old psu. But for a strange reason, he reinstalled the Golden Psu and he is using it right now at his own risk.

Soldato
UPDATE:

Crikey. It's not even a certified psu and that in itself is one thing, however claiming it does have certification when it doesn't is a whole different ballgame. It's unproven, makes false claims and is quite likely a massive risk. He needs to send it back or if he can't then bin it, because there is no telling what might happen when that thing does (not if) fail.

Back
Top Bottom