a stupid question i know....

Soldato
but humour an idiot. is there a windscreen washer bottle for the rear windscreen wiper on a ford focus?
i've topped up the one under the bonnet next to the wing and i've looked in the boot for an obvious sign but i couldn't see one and there are no useful sites. i haven't been out to ask mates yet as it was something i was just looking at today.

Soldato
There will just be one for them all. If you are not getting any fluid out of the rear wiper, it is a common fault on some cars for the pipe to get disconnected, check for wet carpets around the boot

Associate
one tank/ two pumps, get some one to work the rear washer , while you listen for whirring sound of washer pump - if its ok , check washer jet aint blocked with a pin
if its still not working , open tailgate , check for loose or broken or disconnected washer pipe . they sometimes weaken if the tailgate has been opened /closed a lot - pipe get brittle .
if no noise comes from pump - its not uncommon for the screenwash fluid to "go off" and goes like frogspawn , which can block pump .
if front washer work ok , , try swapping rear washer pipe onto front motor , if it works the motor is broken

Soldato
The tube was disconnected on my 106 when I got it; a bit of fishing around got it out from inside the boot panel, if that makes sense. It'd essentially just retracted a bit; I had no puddle forming IIRC though. Same thing might've happened.

Associate
Happened on my GF's parent's Focus, found the pipe disconnected as it goes into the tailgate, think it was on the top left hand side of the inner hatch when the boot is open if that makes sence? Pull out the rubber pipe/grommet and it will be there somewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Parents had this on their car, tube had become disconnected, though turned out to be below plastic fascia in the passenger footwell.

Soldato
I had mine split where it went into the tailgate. Water was running out some drains under the car.

Dad said it was a fiddly job to replace the tube, and I was better leaving it. I stuffed a length of silicone tubing (R/C car fuel line) into both broken ends of the tube, and it's worked ever since.

Back
Top Bottom