• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A8-7600 not fm2+

Associate
Has anyone seen this cpu on a m2 socket?

It says FM2+ on the box but the pins don't match at all.

Here is a picture

2d1jl1c.jpg

Soldato
The rainforest. Not a reseller either.

I knew it.

I've seen loads of complaints in the reviews stating they opened the box and found the wrong CPU in there.

I doubt highly that it's AMD, as that website takes returns and then sells them again.

Had a couple of dodgy items from their 'warehouse' thing, and their prices have shot up too so I just go new now.

Soldato
how would you tell a fake from a switchy?

Well, Your cpu, according to the code printed on the front, is supposed to be an fm2 kaveri - it can't be if it has an am3 pin layout; the pins on the back dont match the code on the front. Screams fake to me, unless AMD made an am3 kaveri that we dont know about (and for some reason used the same code as the fm2 version)

Soldato
I knew it.

I've seen loads of complaints in the reviews stating they opened the box and found the wrong CPU in there.

I doubt highly that it's AMD, as that website takes returns and then sells them again.

Had a couple of dodgy items from their 'warehouse' thing, and their prices have shot up too so I just go new now.

Me too, bought a 4690k last week. Turned out to be a Pentium G series! Decided to buy new instead at it was only a £10 difference and it has gone up by £25. Didn't bother buying another one in the end.

Good thing they have a good returns policy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom