Aberystwyth - Devils Bridge (A4120)

Soldato
Has anyone from here been down this road? I think it's quite popular with Bikers from what i hear.

Anyway, went for a blast down it for the first time today and i was utterly stunned by it! The road is just perfect, lots of bends, a few straight sections and there's even a bit that's quite similar to the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in terms of angle and gradient!

The surface is pretty much perfect as far as i can tell, smooth as you like, and also the few drivers who i encountered all slowed and indicated to let me pass! The traffic was very light but perhaps the most well mannered of anywhere i've been!

I'm interested to know whether any other OCUKers have driven this road? I'm definitely going to make a video of it, just the small matter of finding someone with a camera :p

Man of Honour
Yes, in the fog at night which was a good laugh. Some of the scenery along there is quite dramatic, craggy mountains etc that don't look like they belong in the UK really.

Soldato
Yup, lived in aber half my life.....there is a very small hump back bridge along there which I ramped off as a pillion passenger doing about 50....one of my biggest brown trouser moments ever.....how we both stayed on the bike is a complete mystery, I virtually had my legs round the riders shoulders.

Soldato
Have only got a mobile phone camera, but if you need a local person to hold a camera for you then I volunteer (wouldn't mind having a look at the MR2 anyway :))

Have never been down that road when I personally have been driving, will have to give it a go next time I get the car up here. Think I've been down there with my Dad driving though.

Ever been on the road to Clarach Serj, from the top of PJM? Nice rally style road that...

Soldato
Random thread revival - probably one of my fave roads in the UK for fun biking/driving. Was there at the weekend.

Awesome scenery, great drive.

Soldato
Wish there were more decent driving roads near me. North Kent roads are either too small to enjoy properly, with high hedgerows that impede vision, or large enough to enjoy but too congested. Welsh roads by comparison look fantastic - wide, open, great scenery and with excellent visibility :(

Soldato
ive been there.

went on a long weekend with an ex and visited wales

after a meal we went out for a drive and found the hotel/restarant on the bridge and it was stunning. we stopped there for desert.

the roads were stunning, gti country stuff. had a blast and went back to aber for the night

the walk through the devil bridge is worth the cost too

Associate
I must have missed something.

I went to Aber uni too and the only reason I used to drive down the a4120 was to get to the B4518 which was a truly great road, plus you got to the Élan valley resevoirs at the end which beautiful (especially after heavy rainfall).

Soldato
I must have missed something.

I went to Aber uni too and the only reason I used to drive down the a4120 was to get to the B4518 which was a truly great road, plus you got to the Élan valley resevoirs at the end which beautiful (especially after heavy rainfall).

Totally agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom