Ableton Live - Comprehensive Tutorials

Soldato
Associate
OP
Have you tried asking on the Ableton forums, it seems a few people are having troubles with v8 so it could be a bug?

I've only made a few drum loops so far, I'll post some up once I get time. :)

I'm only on v7 and yeah I did try the Ableton forums, no reply though. Considering bumping my own thread but I've managed to not do that (iirc) ever in history and don't want to start now. For the record, it's hither

Also, cool on making a few drum loops :) That's also basically as far as I've got, there's a lot to learn

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm only on v7 and yeah I did try the Ableton forums, no reply though. Considering bumping my own thread but I've managed to not do that (iirc) ever in history and don't want to start now. For the record, it's hither
Hmm, that's a weird one. I would reply on the ableton forum but I'm not registered yet. All I can suggest is make sure your Oxygen has the latest firmware and drivers, and sometimes it has to be put in the correct mode.

I use a Korg Microkontrol myself, and I found things went a little smoother once up to date... Also, have you tried Propellerheads Reason? Try the demo if you can, see if the mappings work ok with that. :)

Associate
OP
D'oh. So the keyboard has some sort of 'mute' function to stop the dials and sliders sending signals. I'm so blushing right now. Seems it defaults to being 'on' to prevent accidental nausing up of things.

Anyways, I watched a few tutorials on Reason on youtube today, by a guy explaining the difference between trance and prog trance, and boy, that flipping them over to access the routing thing is mighty smart. So I'm obtaining the demo of that to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom