Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
100%this is what will happen.

Mistakes were made but neither team are at fault - ergo - thing stand as they are... Masi gets booted.

I don't understand this argument. It doesn't matter if neither team were at fault.

Its like the argument some people seem to be making that they can't take it from Max because that would be punishing him for something he didn't do.

It would indeed... much like not giving it to Hamilton would be punishing him for something he didn't do.

The fairest thing to do is to decide what "should have happened" and what the outcome would have been. That means Hamilton would take the race win and the championship.

They won't do that though and like you have said, Masi will resign and the result will stand as is.

Soldato
I don't understand this argument. It doesn't matter if neither team were at fault.

Its like the argument some people seem to be making that they can't take it from Max because that would be punishing him for something he didn't do.

It would indeed... much like not giving it to Hamilton would be punishing him for something he didn't do.

The fairest thing to do is to decide what "should have happened" and what the outcome would have been. That means Hamilton would take the race win and the championship.

They won't do that though and like you have said, Masi will resign and the result will stand as is.

That's the realistic best outcome, and I would be happy with that.

Soldato
Had they followed previous SC rules. Would we have had a SC finish, Or maybe a last dash out of the last corner.

The only way for this to play out would be to crunch the SC data and come to the conclusion that they let the SC end too soon and it should have finished behind the SC

Soldato
Fully expect the FIA to say to merc “we’re not changing our decision, feel free to go to court”
Indeed, like others say why make themselves look incompetent they can leave that decision to someone else.

They'll pull out some sort of 'race control can do what they want' clause to get away from ignoring the rules.

Caporegime
I cant understand the "Hamilton was robbed, but they can't overturn it now" comments.

Why the **** not?

Surely adhering to the rules is the most important thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom