Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The only thing Merc should have done was pitted during the SC when Max did.
If they had though, they give up position to Max who would stay out.

You're abandoning P1 on the assumption the safety car would get cleared.

Under normal rules that's a stupid idea.

Under these apparently new "we'll give P2 a one lap run at P1 on brand new tyres regardless of the procedure" it's an entirely different decision.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'd ignore it. There's only one way to think in this section. Everything else isn't allowed.

I think you will find that plenty of us on here are not Hamilton fans. The way Verstappen has driven this season makes it very hard not to prefer him winning the title though.

But this isn't just a stewarding decision which could be subjective.

They just literally didn't follow the regulations.

They write the regulations and have ultimate say in how they are enforced.

Soldato
I’m in 2 minds. One hand Masi basically handed the race over and bent rules, the other hand he let racings happen where it mattered on a last minute judgement call then merc lost to strategy.

if merc pit Lewis, he had the quicker car so Lewis still wins. So taking the questionable call out Merc lost this by putting early, then not putting again, then not putting under SC. Even Lewis On hards 20 laps newer has a solid chance right there.

Congrats to Max, great to see a new Champion and makes next season even more interesting looking, lewis pushing for record breaking in a new car atleast.

Masi would be catching grief what ever call he made.

Unlap all cars - races ends under SC

no cars unlap - give RB almost no chance despite playing the better strategy

do what he done - RB win from the better strategy.

All of them Masi gets hate, atleast this way we got a race out of it.

Soldato
You know my position I'm really not sure why your asking more questions. Using this forum as a gage of credibility is a bit odd though given its location and user base.
I’m trying to understand your mindset, it seems you’re trying to make yourself feel better about your life by hanging on to the coat-tails of a driver winning a race that you have no connection with. At the same time you don’t want to talk about it (on an online discussion forum) because we all know what a joke of a result it was. If you’re not going to discuss and simply attempt to gloat about the result going the way you wanted it to, why are you here? Strange individual.

Soldato
There was no mention of the fans rigging the vote for Kimi as driver of the day.

I saw the posts starting a few days ago to get people to collude.

Imagine if Kimi was in formula E - he'd have fan boost every race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom