Acceptable Delta-T?

Soldato
Hi

I'm stripping down my WC setup today / tomorrow, adding my GPU at the same time.

I have everything set up with an aquaero 5 lt controlling the fans based on the delta-t (difference between ambient temps and water temps)

Its been a long time since I messed around with the aquaero software (I spent a long time tweaking it, but its a sort of set and forget job). But from memory, when I set it up with my old 290x in the loop, I think it was getting up to about a 12c delta t, @ about 700 RPM.

I assume my 980ti is going to dump a similar amount of heat into the loop as the 290x did, so results will likely be similar.

I'm considering letting the delta t go a bit higher in order to achieve even lower RPM, as temps are great anyway, but I'm wondering if its unwise to go too high? I'm thinking 15c would be fine, but maybe 20c is pushing it? Could I see issues in the summer if I let it get that high?

All my concerns are in relation to the health of the loop, things like the tubing and pump etc. Temps are around 50c CPU and 33c GPU under load, so an extra 8c really isnt a problem for those.

Soldato
OP
CPU is a 4790k, and its delidded

The loop is all rebuilt now.

Delta-t settles at 12c
980ti hits 40c
4790k hits 53c
fan RPM is about 700

That's after a couple hours of GTA V

I might let the temps get a bit higher, but TBH, I forgot how nice it is even at 700RPM, so I might just leave it :)

Soldato
That's a good temp for the 4790k - I've delidded mine (was 80c) and have it in a loop with 2 rads and an RX Vega. At 4.4 (1.28v) it's 60-65c after hours of BF1 and the Vega is 45c.

ETA ambient is about 22c, delta from idle is about 20c on the CPU.

I'd leave it, good result!

Back
Top Bottom