Access for Buses, Taxis, Disabled Parking and Cyclists only.

Associate
I had a rather interesting debate with a parking warden on a high street last week which I'm a bit confused on the legitimacy. This road has access at 2 ends and no side roads etc come off it. It has a strip of disabled parking, bus stops and a taxi rank.

I'm more interested in how they can enforce this. There's no ANPR cameras, and in my opinion ANPR wouldn't work here anyway because you have normal vehicles accessing the street to get Disabled parking. So they're not going to fine every single person accessing for the disabled parking then make them dispute it.

Bit of extra information I found in the consulation documents the local police force have determined they're not responsible for enforcing this new restriction and its completely council related.

What's people's thoughts? Personally I think it's a brilliant bit of road to cut out most of the traffic in the town.

Screenshot-2022-01-18-185235.png

Associate
OP
You've not explained what your argument was.
Is it that you don't think this rule applies because you can't understand how it would be enforced?

No what my point to the gentleman was is that how are the council going to fine people? When there seemingly is no possible way to prove A. Who was driving B. Whether they're accessing disabled parking.

Back
Top Bottom