Access Violation - The memory could not be 'read'

Soldato
Err, help!

One of our workstations at work is coming up with these errors when we try to run Avid Media Composer. Also, Photoshop won't open. Our techy know-it-all has gone away for 3 weeks so it's been left to me to try and sort it out.

My first thought was obviously it's a memory issue, but having done both a Windows memory test, and a proper memory test (memtest86+) it's not coming up with any errors. I also reseated all 4 sticks. Interestingly enough, Windows says it has 3gb of RAM when there is clearly 4gb in there. Even more interestingly, the pagefile has been set to 1.5x 3gb manually, which suggests that's it's always been assumed that there's 3gb in there, not 4. :confused:

Anyhoo, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas?
icon14.gif

Soldato
Try removing one or more of the sticks and try the apps again?

32bit versions of Windows won't recognise 4GB of RAM anyway, the most they'll report is between around 3GB give or take a few hundred megabytes.

Soldato
OP
Well somehow I've managed to fix it. I read up on the Avid forums that the Access Violation error is often to do with permissions to the media drive, so i did something about that. I then did ALL the updates to Windows that were outstanding and somehow i've gotten there, lol. My only issue now is that for some reason half of my shortcuts have disappeared. I mean they're there, but they're the system default one. They all still work though :confused:

Back
Top Bottom