Acer 19" Weird shadows -ghosting

Associate
I've just got my self a widescreen acer 19" AL1916W. Its a beautiful monitor and all my games are just amazing on it not to mention the xbox 360!!! Anyway, the problem i am having is when i'm in windows there is "static" ghosting if that makes sense. I have no ghosting problems with moving images but there are always "shadows" behind things. Tried to take a photo of it but my camera is not having it. Like my cursor has about 4 very faint copies of itself shadowing behind it. Everything has this slight shadow. I'm running the monitor on a ATI asus x800xt and running the monitor at the recommended resolution which is 1440x900.... Anybody have any idea what i can do to make the shadows go away?

Thanks!

Associate
used to get this on an old crt - in games were fine, desktop was shocking. would you believe - was down to a dodgy vga cable. never seen it on my lcd though - probably as i switched to DVI.

try unplugging everything, straighten all the leads, check the pins etc.

Associate
OP
turns out it was the switch box i was using so that i can play xbox 360 and use the pc through same tft. Plugged it in directly and its crisp! Anyone got any ideas for a better solution than the switch box i'm using? its a standard data switch box from ******.

Back
Top Bottom