acer al1916w question

Soldato
quick question for any peeps who has one of these.... can you run games in a windowed mode, for example 1152x864 1:1 with borders around the edges- or is everything stretched to fit?

thanks. :)

Soldato
OP
well i've found this thread and it doesn't look good....

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2398

After reading and re-reading all known solutions to the problem of widescreen not being officially supported in Battlefield 1942 and having no success I have decided to try a different alternative.

I recently recieved a widescreen display (Acer AL1916W) with a native res of 1440x900 at 60Hz, but I am unhappy with how the image appears in-game, apparently only displayed at a stretched 1024x768 regardless of my best efforts to get it running in proper 16:10.

Therefore I wish to simply display the image in it's original 4:3 unstretched format, in 1024x768 res and have black borders along the side.

I tired the setting 'fixed aspect ratio timing' but the monitor still insists on stretching the image to the full width.

can anyone confirm/deny this is the case? :)

Associate
So does that mean there are problems with games that don't have a widescreen feature built into them with this monitor?

Is that all games which aren't widescreen compatable or just a few like battlefield 1942?

Are wide screen compatable games o.k?

Back
Top Bottom