Acer AL2416WAs

Soldato
Ive seen this monitor for under £400 and was wondering if its worth buying. It only has VGA but other than than I cant see any faults with it. Its an "Advanced PVA" panel so has very good viewing angles. Seems like a bargain to me.

Here are the specs:

Display Viewable Size 24 Wide”, 518.4 X 324mm
Display Technology Type Advanced PVA
Resolution 1920 X 1200 WUXGA
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Colour 16.7M colours, RGB 8-bit data
Pixel pitch 0.294mm
Pixel clock TBA
Display Area (H x W ) 518.4 x 324 mm
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Response rate 6ms (grey to grey)
Horizontal frequency 31.5 ~ 80KHz
Vertical frequnecy 56.3 ~ 75Hz
Horizontal viewing angle 178°
Vertical viewing Angle 178°
Video signal Analog (D-sub)
Speakers No
Tilt base rotation Tilt: -5° to + 20°
Wall-mount VESA wall-mount (no parts included)
Front panel controls Contrast, Brightness, H-Position, V-Position, Pixel Adjust, Recall
Defaults, Auto Adjust, Clock, 5 Languages, OSD Position,
Information, YUV Adjustment,Color Balance
Dimension(H x W x D) 577X457X221
Net Weight 9.1kg
Power Saving VESA DPMS standard
Power Consumption Maximum: 110W Off: 1W Standby: 2W
AC Adaptor AC 100V - AC 240V
Plug & Play VESA DDC2B
Compliance & Approvals ISO 13406-2, UL, EN60950, EN - 55022, MPR 1990, CSA, CB,
TUV-GS, FCC-B, CE, TCO’99, Up-graded to TCO 03 from
December 2005.

Acer_AL2416Ws_Normal.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
supposedly great colour reproduction.

To be honest £400 with only VGA isn't good enough, at least DVI should be in there.

I mean surely they appreciate that movies will be watched on there so they should have considered some kind of hdcp compliance.

Anyway.

Soldato
my brother is having a nightmare at the moment with acer tech support fixing his monitor (19" TFT)...

3 weeks to 'fix' then came back with 'more than'15 dead pixels (had zero when i sent it) and the screen itself came back filthy, god knows how it got past quality control.

he sent back again now its been 9 days and still nothing so it looks like its going to be another 3 weeks... i just hope its fixed when it gets back :( He is stuck using a 15" CRT which luckily i had spare.

I have dealt with other companies even more budget brands that just send a new one pick up the old one, i would not of being bothered about the 3 week wait if they had even bothered to fire it up and check it was working ok... i mean how do you miss more than 15 dead pixels (especially when there was a large cluster of them together.

something worth thinking about when spending that much imo

Associate
Hi,

Said it before and ill say it again. I used to work for acer and they may as well have no quality control in their repair center. Service level on warranty claims is truly shocking. They might be good value just prey nothing goes wrong with it. I gaurantee you will have a nightmare. 3 weeks as it happens is fast we had people waiting 3 months.

Cheers,
Hugest

Last edited:
Soldato
Hugest_UK said:
Hi,

Said it before and ill say it again. I used to work for acer and they may as well have no quality control in their repair center. Service level on warranty claims is truly shocking. They might be good value just prey nothing goes wrong with it. I gaurantee you will have a nightmare. 3 weeks as it happens is fast we had people waiting 3 months.

Cheers,
Hugest

hahaha well it came back today, and guess what 11 dead pixels... :mad: so that will the 3rd time its been back since january.... nice

would it be too hard for the engineer to turn the monitor on and check the if it 'still' has problems :confused: i mean a cluster of 4 pixels right in the centre cant be too hard to spot surely..

I must say acer customer services couldnt give a flying **** either.

it must have cost them more, to keep picking up and sending out by courier than it would have to send me a new one.

RANT OVER :confused:

Back
Top Bottom