Acer Aspire Easystore H340/Windows Home Server Help Required

Soldato
Just got one of these bad boys - first media server I have owned.

It uses Windows Home Server.

Running into some complications - I assumed that I could replace the 640GB hard drive the OS is installed on with a 2TB one (I want to have 4 x 2TB drives installed). However, when I run the setup software it doesn't find the server unless the original drive it came with is installed. Additionally, the server is not picked up by the router.

Anyone familiar with this device who can help me? I'm assuming there is a way I could transfer the OS from the 640GB drive to the 2TB drive from within the Windows Home Server client software?

EDIT: Think I've got it sorted now, will post back if not.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had mine for nearly a year and its very good. Got the 3 x 1TB version and its just sits there and hums away to itself day in day out. Use it as a UPNP and file server and its works very well with good throughput over the gig network

Soldato
OP
Just thought id help quickly:

*Norton ghost can mirror your drive
*Try using a OEM WHS disc in the server.

Thanks for the reply but I did get it sorted in the end. Once the install procedure begun I hot-swapped the drive it came with for my 2GB one and it worked! :)

Don't have either of those anyway unfortunately.

Soldato
OP
Just read a review on one of these and was pretty impressed.

What do you make of it?

Early doors so can't really comment much. Price seemed good (less than £200 on the bay) and it definitely looks very sleek. Will post back once I've had time to get to grips with it.

Associate
thanks for the reply. I've decided to go for a more budget option and buy a D Link DNS-320 NAS. Hopefully that will suit my needs, although it would be nice having the option of installing programs to run remotely which the server could offer.

Lookforward to hearing your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom