Acer CZ350CK 35" UltraWide monitor

Associate
OP
I took the plunge, found it elsewhere for £449, cant argue with that price.

So far I am very happy, looks amazing, I am struggling to see why its so much cheaper!

Money saved has been spent on a new GPU. :)

Associate
OP
First impressions are good, not noticed any backlight bleeding, but will have a closer look later. Waiting for my Vega 56 to arrive tomorrow, then I can game properly and give a proper verdict.

Had a good look for stuck / dead pixels though, and looks perfect.

Do people use any specific programs to test for ghosting etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
With regards to Backlight bleeding. Yes, there is some, but I can only really see it with the lights off. It is a VA panel though, so I would expect some bleeding.

So far its not a problem for me, will see if I notice it once I install the new GPU and play a few games.

Associate
OP
I've had the cz350ck for the past few days. A few salient points:
  • It's a VA. It's a good display for what it is, but oh God, it's a VA. Coming from a nice 4k IPS, the quality is noticeable
  • It's almost certainly a z35. I've seen one of those, and the panel looks the same
  • Stand (which has the nice feature of attaching sans screw) and build is rather quality. Nothing fancy, but solid
  • Color calibration was ridiculous out of the box, but spent some time adjusting and now is probably best VA I've used
  • It can be OC'ed in NV settings to 120hz no problem; works with gysnc (on my GTX 1080 ti) no problem
I'd say if you're bent on getting an ultrawide, this is a great lower-cost option; if you're coming from IPS, be prepared for disappointment

I'm also very impressed, I came from a 24" VA panel, so I don't have that issue.

Money saved has got me a Vega 56, and now my games look awesome :)

Any chance you could post the settings you have used please?

Associate
OP
I don't know what to go for now. Got a 3415w currently, and can budget up to £700 as I don't want to spend £1100 on the LG. I was set on this after realising that the ElectricQ was too risky, but I didn't know that IPS was so much better than VA :confused:

I had an IPS monitor before my last one, and I did notice a difference, mainly in colour, but I got used to it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
my cz35ock arrived this afternoon

no dead or stuck pixels i thought it was perfect but on a grey screen there is a cloudy line down the left hand side about an inch from the left bezel

playing games and surfing the net you can not notice at all

i'm in 2 minds about it

Had a good look, I cant see anything like that on mine.

I'm really happy with my purchase, the price has a lot to do with that!

Associate
OP
What about ghosting? Is the panel fast enough to use the 120Hz? I am deciding between this and this one: Acer XR342CKP (cca £752), which is 100Hz IPS freesync 34".

No noticeable ghosting to my eyes.

I would expect the IPS panel to be better, but £300 better? No brainer for me, meant I could replace by GPU with the money saved. :D

Back
Top Bottom