Acer Predator XB271HU - upgrade to the XB270HU

Man of Honour
OP
What a massive %^$£ you to all those that bought the XB270HU including myself.

why is it?! a slightly updated design with zero frame bezel and possibly a couple of other small changes known so far. it wont be out for a considerable amount of time i'm sure, suspect Q1 next year. so how is it an insult to XB270HU owners?

Man of Honour
OP
Because they know they screwed up with the XB270HU and so have attempted to rectify some of the consumer gripes. Those of us who have persevered with the XB270HU never expected what is in effect a revision of our current monitor so soon.

I'm happy with the picture quality of the panel on my monitor - however I would never ever buy an Acer monitor again. The build quality is just dreadful for this price point.

Or they are just releasing a new screen in the future like every other manufacturer does. You can't expect them to never update it. This won't be available for a while I'm sure

Man of Honour
OP
It looks like in the US they are calling it just the "XB1":

http://www.acer.com/predator/en_US/predator_xb1.html

I'd imagine it uses the same panel as the previous 27" Predator, so I am not sure how they can make it a "frame-less" design. The panel has side and top edges of 9mm from internal metal bezel to lit pixel distance. Unless Acer got AUOptronics to modify the panel to have less bulky internal bezels...

XB1 is the series of new screens including the XB271HU, XB271HK and XB281HK I believe. Possible AUO have an updated ver of the panel with frame less design planned although I've not seen it on any road maps yet. Suspect we are a fair way off release yet though

Man of Honour
OP
Acer told me they were expecting a very small stock in Dec (30 units or something) as a possibility but majority would be Jan. given that it's now very near Christmas, and given i've not received a sample yet for review, i wouldn't expect to see anything until the new year now

Back
Top Bottom