ACF7Pro - mod or replace?

Associate
Had mine over a year now, and I've never really been happy with the noise coming from it (as loud as 3 akasa 120mm fans on 12v).

I have a 120mm fan going spare, which is really quiet (can only just hear it if it's within 6" of my ear at 5v) and seems to move more air than the 92mm thing that comes with the cooler, has anyone ever managed to attach a 120 to an ACF7Pro? Anyone got pics of how?

Or should I just replace it with a proper 120mm cooler? If so, which one?

Associate
OP
does your board have pwm fan control in the bios, have mine running at 62.5% and its pretty quiet

What rpm is that? Mine's easily audible (to my ears) at anything over 1000rpm, above 1200 it sounds like a, well very small washing machine on spin dry! It currently runs at 960rpm, the slowest I can get it whilst keeping the cpu under 35c browsing/watching movies, allthough it doesnt seem to move much air at all (judged by holding a sheet of paper behind the cooler).

I've allready gone back to my old fanless HD3450 because even at only 3% speed the fan on my HD4670 was loud enough to keep the whole house awake at night.

Back
Top Bottom