** Acme's [Akagi's] Retro Odyssey! From Apple ][ to Pentium 4. Repair, modding, and more! **

Done(ish!)

y7xTHCp.jpg

ChtZ4Wl.png

Still need to install and OS and make sure its all stable etc.

Things kind of got too out of control for the thread, will update soon... But I now have a nice Pentium 166 socket 7 setup, and a socket 370 setup, and a few more CRTs and keyboards and things... :o

I will do a proper update soon, but in the mean time this is what I've amassed recently... It should go some way to explaining the lack of updates! Haha
These aren't necessarily the specs I received the machines with, I've been doing a lot of amassing of parts, and upgrading too. Things have gone a bit bonkers.

P1 166, S3 Virge, 32MB, repaired, drives repopulated, and woodgrain wrapped by me.
C2jPY6U.jpg

P2 350, Rage Pro Turbo, 128MB. P3 600, Rage Fury Pro, 256MB, both built by me.
Vgsq67q.jpg

P1 166, P3 600, K6 233, K6-2 300, K6-2 400, P3 1G, P3 1G, P1 200, all cleaned up/tested by me, and a couple of them built up into totally different (and awesome) systems.
WLamFAW.jpg

This one for example:

dRcFdY0.jpg

Now a K6-2 3D 400, 96MB RAM, Guillemot Maxi Gamer Phoenix 3DFX Voodoo Banshee 16MB, SB Live + AZTech Sound 16B w' OPL, Quantum Fireball 6GB, black baby AT case and drives.

VCEmT0d.jpg

And this one has a VIA Cyrix III 700MHz on an Octek motherboard, 64MB of RAM, and an S3... Trio3D 32... 2X?

FXNBV9l.jpg

Amstrad PCW 8256 with a HUGE box of disks and accessories that I haven't even been able to touch yet.

TdffVHp.jpg

DWsDNFN.jpg

Oh and these too, both P4 systems I was given. Neither of which I particularly want or know what to do with. :p

thFAlU7l.jpg
uaLKAZYl.jpg

And then I have a bunch of other stuff... Sound cards, drives, super socket 7 and socket 5 boards... I barely know what to do with it all. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom