Actually how good is window movie maker?

Soldato
im not a big hit or even having a good kick start lol, but I have a YouTube channel and for the last 4 or so months I've been making videos on Xbox one simply because its cool and obviously as like anyone, would like to make profit in the future if all goes well(vary rare I'd include voice overs or talk or present myself due to the type of title I gave my channel ha), but while I use upload studio, I don't see any option for my own intro ?? I.e. Early last year when I was doing pc graphic tests in games videos I was using wondershare as the free version(so had the logos etc present) and I got to pick my own style and sounds to opening my videos, as well as editing the video, but while it's okay, I don't like the logos being present even just for the opening and for a infrequent usage I didn't nor still don't want to pay for it, so looking at what other free ones there are for Windows.

Windows movie maker is number 1 in a top 10 of 2017 I'm currently looking at, so figured that be the one I'd try, just don't want to waste time downloading it if there's better like.

All my Xbox videos have their own intros/ontros/styles from the options available in upload studio, but as I'm not a professional or doing it properly full stop, my channel doesn't have its own intro which is what I'm after.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply, I will download it then.

As I only do Xbox videos I am using the built in GameDVR, I do upload to YouTube via the app aswell, but obviously that's irrelevant when it comes to pc as I still need to access browser version to monetisation and edit any copyright crap lol.

All my editied videos go to upload and OneDrive

I just looked at one of your videos, the intro is subtle, obviously specific to that video, and the direction I'd like, but an intro that's for all videos, My pc videos had my gamertag, a special effect back ground and a sound effect of some kind offered from the list on wondershare, Is this something that can be utilised well in movie maker and something I can add to every video without fuss?

On wondershare someTimes I had to edit my intro due to how the editing of the actual video went each time I used it

Last edited:
I just looked at one of your videos, the intro is subtle, obviously specific to that video, and the direction I'd like, but an intro that's for all videos, My pc videos had my gamertag, a special effect back ground and a sound effect of some kind offered from the list on wondershare, Is this something that can be utilised well in movie maker and something I can add to every video without fuss?

I made my own Intro which I slip onto each video that I make, saving as a template, which I open one opening Movie Maker if that answers your question?

Back
Top Bottom