Add a 2nd radiator in custom loop?

Id go with atleast 2x triple rad size. I have 3xRx360s, but for yourself id run atleast 2 or 1xquad, depends on the thickness of the rads too, plenty of options.

I have removed the 2x200mm front fans. I was correct in that a lot of the noise was produced by them. Came across this interesting read regarding fan configuration and speeds. https://www.ekwb.com/blog/push-pull-or-push-pull-on-radiators/

I left the fan and pump speeds as before to make a comparison test of with and without the 2x200mm front fans. After a total of 158 minutes of testing with Heaven benchmark there was a Delta-T of 11 degrees C over ambient. The mobo temp sensor averaged 42 degC with the CPU average of 49 degC ( and a peak of 57), the GPU average of 47 degC (with a peak of 52).

In conclusion, those 2x200mm fans each producing 90 CFM and 28 dBA do make a difference of 3 degC to the Delta-T and keep the CPU, GPU and mobo components running a few degrees cooler. Obviously more testing would be required.

Any how, I have taken this thread off topic.

Thank you to all those who gave advice. I did fit a second radiator along with a flow meter and a water temperature sensor. Collectively, these parts have helped me to data log my system in order to produce an optimal ramping curve for the fans and pump while gaining a better understanding of a water cooled system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom