Adding Dolby Atmos & Bi-amp wiring.

Associate
OP
doing more research one thing i didnt consider regards adding a subwoofer now i earmarked the monolith 10" but ive been fixated on the width but the depth is the main concern i dont want it over lapping the tv unit and that measures at around 15" give or take few extra inches as its slightly off the wall so give me around about 17" depth.

I really dont think i could get a sub at the £500 quid mark that will fit in the space and be as good as the monolith :(

Associate
OP
Morning guys.

Ive decided and ordered a SVS SB-1000 Pro was gonna go for the PB 1000 pro but i just dont really have the space for it sadly although im starting to regret i didnt just make the space. Got a little rushed into the decision on the spot as i was offered deals on either via richer sounds.

Have a few questions if anybody can help but whats with the SVS pricing? I watched a number of you tube videos ok mostly American reviews from 6-12 months ago but every review ive watched lists the SB1000pro at $499 and the PB1000pro at $599.

Standard prices i can find are £639 and £849 so im abit baffled have prices increased in that time or has the UK market always been this price?

Have read that you connect the subs via bluetooth is that recommended? inferior connectivity/performance?

Man of Honour
Have read that you connect the subs via bluetooth is that recommended? inferior connectivity/performance?
You connect the subs via the subwoofer cable connection.

Bluetooth is used for the controller app. This allows you to sit in your main listening position and tweak the sub controls.

Associate
OP
Morning guys hope to get some input regards my new sub as currently im not impressed and dont seem to be getting much output from it.

Only had time to plug it in and have a play the atmos speakers will be setup this weekend.

I ran audesery setup in three positions which seems fine however i still found the bass output during testing/setup was really low so im going wrong somewhere.

I feel like its something simple like one setting needs to be changed but still confused I've uploaded a ton of pictures to this album and hopefully some body could pin point it?

https://imgur.com/a/wgODPrc

wgODPrc

Man of Honour
At the moment your front speakers are set to Full Band (Large) and your sub is set to LFE. In that setting combination you're only going to get bass content for any speakers that are set to Small and when there's LFE content in the signal. That might not be enough for you to get a sense that the sub is working. Try either setting the front L&R speakers to Small, or set the sub mode to LFE + Main.

Also, the sub shouldn't be booming out and rattling your teeth all the time. It should blend seamlessly with the rest of the speakers. When you switch the sub off and playback there's should be a bit of a hole where the sub was contributing (subject to settings), but it should always be in proportion to the sound from all the other speakers rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.

Associate
OP
Very happy , blown away in fact im more happy with the new additions for surround sound than i am with the upgraded TV :D (77" C1)

Wish i had done it years ago, the atmos speakers really add an extra dimension and the sub is amazing.

Just want to thank you and everybody else for the input :)

https://imgur.com/a/TReqyQ8

I finally ran the setup and this is my changes that were way out over my manual setup, for now i have left them as they are but does anybody think i should over ride anything? and make tweaks/changes?

Unsure why it decided to make my floorstanders Large tho after everybody told me to change them before the denon audyssey should i change them to small anyways?

Soldato
Yes change them to small. But depending what they are might want go experiment. Ive set mine to small 60hz, they are very big towers with multiple 8' drivers.

Don't use lfe +main setting

Associate
OP
Her is my findings from last nights audessry, similar to last time tbh. apart from the sub huge changes.

i set it to -10 in the app and if you watch the video can see the issue im having, once again dropping the level to -20 in the app the issues goes away very confused with the sub feedback/buzzing noise.

Currently not tried any other ports.

Back
Top Bottom