Adjustable levers

Caporegime
My scooter passed 500 miles yesterday (and the total fuel cost for those 500 miles was £20 lol).

One thing I'd like to improve is the levers, they're a bit far out atm. Also I'm just looking for an excuse to do something to it.

I can't find specific levers anywhere as it's a brand new for 2022 bike (Aprilia SR GT 125).

Are universals any good? Can anyone recommend any?

Cheers :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Get the part number for the OEM levers, cross-reference it against other Aprilia bikes and search them instead.
Why haven't you done your DAS yet? :p

Soldato
My scooter passed 500 miles yesterday (and the total fuel cost for those 500 miles was £20 lol).

One thing I'd like to improve is the levers, they're a bit far out atm. Also I'm just looking for an excuse to do something to it.

I can't find specific levers anywhere as it's a brand new for 2022 bike (Aprilia SR GT 125).

Are universals any good? Can anyone recommend any?

Cheers :)
Blimey, I'm lucky to get 120 miles for 20+ quids worth of fuel :D

Not used universal levers before, but I did have a decidedly dodgy pair on my old Hypermotard years back - the kind where you had to adjust a screw in them before installation; so that it would fit the [erm] 'plunger' housed within the master cylinder; of course I didn’t wind it out enough, so ended up having my front brake lock on during a commute into work!!

I’d imagine that there is scope for this to happen if you fit universal ones – so with that in mind, I wouldn’t recommend them, though I can appreciate where you are coming from; I recently installed adjustable levers to my S1000R as the clutch reach was just a bit too far out for comfort.

Have you thought about loosening the clamps holding your levers and seeing if you are able to pivot them down to make it more comfortable – it’s a free and easy mod.

Caporegime
OP
Save your money, do your full test. It's a scooter.

It is, but it's my first bike since I was about 18 years old and I love it. Even when I upgrade to a big bike I'll keep it, I made the mistake once of selling my first love - won't be making that mistake again, and honestly in London, nothing will beat a scooter.

I'm still on the hunt for some levers. Not urgently, but the accessories are starting to trickle through for this scoot, bearing in mind it's a brand new model for 2022. There's a top box out that looks like it belongs on a BMW GS, might have to get that, looks awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom