Adjusting a Logo

Soldato
Hi all,

I am in the process of starting my own business online, and I used a design team on Fiverr to create the logo.

The files of the completed design have been sent to me in; vector image in PDF, a .AI and a .EPS file.

I used to create websites and other things when I was a teenager, but time got in the way and I haven't played around with graphic design in years.

What programs should I use to edit the design (For example, I would like to change the colours to see what it would look like)?

As I understand it - The vector file can be resized and it will not lose its quality? How would I do this? I wasn't expecting to receive it in a PDF at least.

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated :) Once I got a program I can use to edit these files, I'm sure it'll start creeping back to the front of my brain, but I've been out of the game for so long, I'm a bit lost at the moment :p

Thanks,
Marky

Soldato
OP
Think you’ll get more replies in the graphics sub.

Oops! Forgot about that forum! I’ll report it to the Dons and get it shifted :) Thanks!

Adobe Illustrator is a vector editing tool and probably what the fiverr guys used.

I wondered if it would be Illustrator - Thanks I’ll look into it.

Free options
Simple to use boxy svg
More complex Adobe alternative would be inkscape

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I’ll take a look.

What file type should I use for the logo itself? Is it PNG?

Soldato
Oops! Forgot about that forum! I’ll report it to the Dons and get it shifted :) Thanks!

I wondered if it would be Illustrator - Thanks I’ll look into it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I’ll take a look.

What file type should I use for the logo itself? Is it PNG?
Graphics are something I do rarely
But assume it's a SVG file?
Whether you can save it as PNG once happy with it may be possible
My memory sucks lol
But think @Coojeekitten knows about graphics stuff

Soldato
The EPS and AI are definitely scalable. The PDF might be as it can contain vector data. Typically you'd use the EPS you've been sent for resizes. The AI for any tweaks you want to make. And the PDF for showing to people :)

Back
Top Bottom