Adobe Indesign

Associate
Does anybody use this software?

I've been putting together my uni portfolio using it, have been doing it setup on landscape A2 pages. When I come to print it it is cheaper at uni to print of two pages on one A1 sheet and trim it myself than print each onto a separate A2 sheet.

I've had a play with the print settings but cant figure out how I go about setting it to print like that, basically so two A2 pages in landscape print one under the other on one A1 sheet, sure it can be done as it has all the booklet options, just cant figure out which settings i need to play with.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Associate
Export file as a PDF, and then print from adobe reader - there will be options from there where you can select how many pages to print per page, etc.

Associate
OP
I ended up having to setup the pages again so I had my sheets set up on A1 pages on screen, I found the printing on multiple pages option but the plotters at uni don't support that.

I find *** software really good for setting out my portfolio work.

Associate
I've used Quark a few times over the last 10 years or so, but never found my 'comfort' zone with it, I use Adobe InDesign and have never had a situtation where InDesign hasn't made my life as trouble free as possible. As a tool in the industry, its superb, I've ran ten's of thousands of prints using it to compile my designs and never had one problem with colour/alignment or any other issues.

Soldato
Quick and dirty method: Make the pages portrait, re-orient the artwork accordingly, insert a blank page 1 and then print pages 2 and 3 as a spread.

Slightly longer method: Save as pdfs, convert the PDFs to EPS in Acrobat and then manually impose on an A1 sheet in Illustrator (or Quark / InDesign if you prefer).

Both work, but are a bit clumsy. If you have access to a PDF/JDF workflow solution such as Dalim Twist or Apogee it is a complete doddle but I guess most Uni's won't have access to that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom