Adrian Flux Insurance?

Soldato
They won't 'guarantee to beat any quote' like it says on their email renewal?

Hastings Direct will do it for £130.80 fully comp but Adrian Flux won't do it for less than £167.

Where do I stand on this?

Soldato
Hoo, Kent and it’s a 65 reg Keeway 125CC.

I’m 38 and mrs HB is 46, alarmed, immobilised and kept in Garage, fully comp.

Uncle uses same company to insure his 4 bikes and lives in Weald, Kent, garages, 65 with like 40 years NCB! He paid £80 fully comp for his Triumph T100.

We also did it via Quidco and got about £12 cashback.

Soldato
You have an alarm and an immobiliser on a Keeway 125? That doens't sound like it'll go wrong :/

Anyways 125cc insurance is usually pretty cheap. Bennets did a great price for me on the SV last year I had it though so was with them.

Alarm, immobiliser and remote start. It’s not a standard thing, it was on it when I bought the bike. I’ve checked and re-wired most of the bike since getting it (not due to problems, just peace of mind based on some questionable wiring from previous owner)

So should be ok :)

Caporegime
Alarm, immobiliser and remote start. It’s not a standard thing, it was on it when I bought the bike. I’ve checked and re-wired most of the bike since getting it (not due to problems, just peace of mind based on some questionable wiring from previous owner)

So should be ok :)

Watch out with those remote start things, they can ruin your bike's electrics. Burned out the CDI on one of mine years ago, £180 for a replacement.

Soldato
OP
We used Bennett’s and for me and Mrs HB it was £144. This is both new riders with passing our test a week prior and 0 NCB.

Bennett's would have been about £220 without the options. Not bad but once you add on breakdown, personal accident and legal protection it is a lot more.

£227 includes all that. CBR 600FX with 1 years no claims. Not commuting though as at university so doesn't count as commuting is only to paid employment.

Soldato
If everyone thought like that we'd get ****ed by every company left right and centre.

Always do you research and try go for the lowest possible price when dealing with insurance.
No, price isn't everything.

If I was given the option of MCE insurance at £100 or any other insurer at £130 there's no way I'd be choosing the cheapest option.

Once you get down to the £100 or so mark you can't expect to get much cheaper unless you've been riding for decades and are doing tiny mileage etc. Extras included, excess amount and the insurer being a decent company are far more important than saving £30 or £50 over the course of a year...

Soldato
No, price isn't everything.

If I was given the option of MCE insurance at £100 or any other insurer at £130 there's no way I'd be choosing the cheapest option.

Once you get down to the £100 or so mark you can't expect to get much cheaper unless you've been riding for decades and are doing tiny mileage etc. Extras included, excess amount and the insurer being a decent company are far more important than saving £30 or £50 over the course of a year...

I'd say it's pretty important once you're happy with the optional extras and company reputation in general.

For example. I am happy with my extras and the company/underwriter so for me when I phone to renew I'll focus on the price. I have a couple of other companies in mind that I can switch to so it's a case of fighting for that price and essentially making them compete. Seems to have worked quite well for me over the years.

Soldato
OP
Price is one thing if you never have an accident - that's fine.

But if you do have an accident then you need to know they will get you a good deal and look after by sorting it all out.

H&R insurance were one I had when I had my accident 10yrs ago- they were brilliant! Sadly they won't even reach the top 50 prices although even then i'm talking 25% extra so £100 more which isn't the end of the world....

Associate
I use Adrian flux for my car insurance as they offer fully comp drive other cars, I drive other people's cars more often then not so it's nice to not worry.

If they do this for bikes I would pay the extra as imo, it's peace of mind should the worst happen.

Soldato
Most insurers will do that but it normally depends on the Person's age and experience.

I can ride other bikes for Coral Nash. If someone was 24 and just passed I probably doubt they would.

Same as car insurance. Obviously different insurer have different limits. But most insurer do DOC cover for the right people.

Edit - Just notice you said FC cover, ignore that :o

Back
Top Bottom