Adulting time - Baby on the way

Caporegime
As the one who recommends the 911, tell them to not load so much crap. As I now have an e92, our week holiday in Newquay involves only a rucksack or so in the cabin with the rest easily fitting in the boot. And nothing on the parcel shelf as that's a stupid thing to do.
E92 boot is huge too and I agree. I have learnt with my lifestyle and constant travel that travelling light is king and people need half the stuff they think they need. A pram with removable wheels is all you need and some Tetris skills

Man of Honour
Are you going to have 2 cars or 1?

Best thing car-wise I did was buying a 308SW as soon as our first was born.
https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/gallery/PEUGEOT-308-SW-GT-6089_9.jpg

**Do Not Hotlink Images **

Still Loadsa space for 2 now we have our second and the boot space was larger than a 5-series estate perfect for 2 prams or whatever else.

Reasonably priced, looks decent and you just know that when you or your SO is half cut on sleep deprevation there will be some some kerb rash etc and you wont feel it's a big deal because the car is there for doing the parenting job...

dunno what your budget is like but if you could squeeze in a dedicated family bus then it might mean you also get to have something nice to play around in.
My wife has had a 308SW for four years. I like it, it has a huge boot which was the main reason I considered it (Octavia Estate is the only car in its class I know of that gets remotely close, nearly every car in the class above has a smaller boot), fair amount of tech (rear camera, front/back sensors, Nav, 10" screen etc), looks decent IMO (same blue as your image), gutsy 130hp petrol engine that's won a bunch of awards, pretty good price (this tipped the balance over the Octavia). Really comes into its own when holidaying in the UK, can pile in all the suitcases, pram, baby paraphenalia etc.

HOWEVER - for someone coming from a 460hp bememoth, I can't help but think it would be massively underwhelming, even with the top engine (180hp).

Associate
OP
HOWEVER - for someone coming from a 460hp bememoth, I can't help but think it would be massively underwhelming, even with the top engine (180hp).

Honestly wouldn't mind coming down power wise a bit, but yeah 180 would probably feel pretty slow. To me around the 300 mark feels fun for a good balance of actual useable power on the road and a nice feeling acceleration wise without being totally ridiculous. The sensation of speed with 460hp is good and all but when you barely get a second or two of acceleration before the next corner over and over it can get a bit old. Along with the rate you get up to license losing speeds and beyond without any effort whatsoever when you do get the chance and you've got Mr. Speed gun waiting for you somewhere can be kinda anxiety enducing..:cry: Enjoyed some of my past cars driving on the road more being totally honest.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it helps op, my e92 is the m3 and I'm considering something along the lines of rs6/7 or panamera, as when it snowed this car was poor. 4wd is much better for getting the power down.

Soldato
If it helps op, my e92 is the m3 and I'm considering something along the lines of rs6/7 or panamera, as when it snowed this car was poor. 4wd is much better for getting the power down.

Yeah I told the wife this when I moved to the RS6, however I don’t take it out in snow to avoid the salt and use her car instead :o

Associate
I had a 5 door M140, baby boy born October last year, even that just felt too small and cramp with an i-size spin seat and a pram.
In the end I swapped it for a BMW G31 5 series touring. It makes life so much easier. The thing is huge, we can just chuck all the baby bits in and close the boot.
Biggest difference is, there is space for a passenger the front seat (Baby seat behind it in the M140 meant it was unusable) and the wife can sit behind the drivers seat comfortably.
I just went for the biggest thing I could, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to make things fit.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I had a 5 door M140, baby boy born October last year, even that just felt too small and cramp with an i-size spin seat and a pram.
In the end I swapped it for a BMW G31 5 series touring. It makes life so much easier. The thing is huge, we can just chuck all the baby bits in and close the boot.
Biggest difference is, there is space for a passenger the front seat (Baby seat behind it in the M140 meant it was unusable) and the wife can sit behind the drivers seat comfortably.
I just went for the biggest thing I could, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to make things fit.
Impossible! You should've downsized to a BMW C1

Back
Top Bottom