advent rising (steam)

Soldato
ive just watched the trailer and it looked amazing, i hear its been out for ages but ive never heard of of it so i looked on some sites to see what reviews it got and on gamespot they gave it 6.3 :eek: :(

Does anyone here agree with that score and what do you think of the game.

Soldato
One of the game mags (either Zone or PC Gamer) gave it a score in the twenties iirc. It was just bugged to hell I think. There was also some sort of cash prize thing connected with the game, which they cancelled. Usually a sign of desperate developers trying to sell a turkey.

Associate
I was plesently surprised when I picked this up. It's one of the many games that I completely disagree with the reviewers over.

I got a copy on the basis that the story was written by Orson Scott Card. It's not too long or difficult but it has a great Sci-Fi setting and some cool epic moments (escape a ship that's crumbling underfoot?) :cool:

Gunplay has a cool setup with left and right mouse buttons corresponding to what is in each hand. And later you develop 'force powers' which add to the fun (like throwing an enemy out the window)...

Lastly there's the 'choose your own adventure' aspect. A couple of times you have to make a choice which effects how the story will pan out later in the game. These choices are also supposed to have a greater effect when the other two parts of the trilogy are played (if they ever arrive).

Definatly worth a whirl if you find you have some extra cash at your disposal.

Back
Top Bottom