Advice for a console gamer returning to PC

Permabanned
So I'm still in the process on deciding whether I get the 3070 or 3080, as this is to replace my xbox one x (which I'll keep purely for older games like fifa and cod which I play a lot with friends)

What swayed me to pc mostly was gamepass, having the easy option to cross play with my xbox friends but at a higher quality and frame rate. However I was at the peak of my pc gaming between 2001-2011 and faded since. I even posted a thread sometime back regarding how gaming back then made me feel.

So since those heights friends have moved on, online friends I made have gone, and I will literally return to the world of PC alone.

So besides having my steam, origin accounts, I really don't know where to start.

Game wise aswell.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nothing that new next gen consoles wont be able to do (no counting for VR st launch at least)

Pretty much convergence of platforms now minus the niche stuff a pc gives you for a price.

Permabanned
OP
how did pc gaming make you feel bud?
PC gaming made me feel great back then. The whole community weren't as toxic as they are now. There's people here who probably look down on those who earn less, own cheaper builds etc, but back then everyone was just glad to be on a server with people it seemed.

I just don't know if I invest further into my pc to game on without friends lol, or invest in an xbox I'll just rent games for and hope something happens.

Can't say I've met anyone online in past 3 years I play online with regularly.

I'm more worried how inviting established clans are these days I suppose.

As for gaming at 144hz. Never had the luxury. Although my vega 64 hits about 100fps on doo. Maxed out at 1440p

And man that was so fast

Soldato
I wouldn't worry much about finding people to play with :) first find a game you want to play and i can pretty much promise you could easily find a regular group of people similar to yourself.

There are plenty of discords you can join :)

Also i wouldn't be searching out clans unless you want to play seriously as most clans i have noticed these days tend to be more "esportsy/this isn't a game it's a job" type of situations.

PS what sort of games are you planning to play?

Soldato
PC gaming made me feel great back then. The whole community weren't as toxic as they are now. There's people here who probably look down on those who earn less, own cheaper builds etc, but back then everyone was just glad to be on a server with people it seemed.

I just don't know if I invest further into my pc to game on without friends lol, or invest in an xbox I'll just rent games for and hope something happens.

Can't say I've met anyone online in past 3 years I play online with regularly.

I'm more worried how inviting established clans are these days I suppose.

As for gaming at 144hz. Never had the luxury. Although my vega 64 hits about 100fps on doo. Maxed out at 1440p

And man that was so fast

To be fair the single player experience is different to the multiplayer experience and I think its the latter you are mainly invested in judging by your comments. Over looking the single player experience of the PC is not something you should dismiss also as there are many brilliant games on PC and as people have said XBox Gamepass is pretty good value along with the free games you can get off Epic etc.

Permabanned
OP
I wouldn't worry much about finding people to play with :) first find a game you want to play and i can pretty much promise you could easily find a regular group of people similar to yourself.

There are plenty of discords you can join :)

Also i wouldn't be searching out clans unless you want to play seriously as most clans i have noticed these days tend to be more "esportsy/this isn't a game it's a job" type of situations.

PS what sort of games are you planning to play?

Not really sure on that one. Back then it was mmo and counter strike, on xbox now all I play with friends is fifa and rocket league, so the xbox will stay for that. Other games I play are ps4 exclusives, which my pro will upgrade to ps5 soley for that.

Single player games. Portal, tomb raider, witcher, those type of games.

Need to widen my friend list for gaming right

Back
Top Bottom