Advice for novice o/cer?

Associate
I'm running Asus P868-V LX, i5-2500K, Gelid tranquillo rev 2, arctic mx-4, CM 690 II, Antec Truepower New 550w and Corsair vengeance low profile 8GB 1600MHz RAM. Think that's everything useful.

So I'm experimenting with ocing, hoping to get 4.5Ghz if possible but currently achieving:

gP9Jgl.jpg

The motherboard I'm using isn't particularly great for OCing because rather than having manual vcore settings and a digiVRM+ section it only allows you to offset your vcore.

Generally speaking I'm just looking for a direction go in from what I've currently got. I turned off EIST. It's currently at a 0.070v vcore offset, it BSOD'd at a 0.040v vcore offset.

I'm aware I should ideally try to keep temps below 70 and vcore below 1.35 btw. Currently I'm just trying to get an eye for what kind of vcore offsets, temperatures I should be looking to aim for before I start doing proper stability testing.

Not sure what else to tell you, if you have any questions then ask.

Last edited:
Associate
turn on EIST since afaik it doesnt affect overclocking much on SBs

you are right about the temps below 70 but the vcore below 1.35 im not sure about that because my 2500k needs around 1.39v to pass a 10 run max IBT at 4.5Ghz if your chip is the same as mine you might not reach under your ideal values.

Have you tried changing the LLC to highest setting possible?

Soldato
Before you start randomly adjusting the offset you need to see what VID your system is running at and do the math to figure out what voltage/offset to use. Coretemp will show the VID.

Also as kma86 said, try raise the LLC, also adjusting phase, duty and cpu computability may help in keeping the voltage low.

As for max voltage, try stay south of 1.40v, avoiding going over 1.35v is a little too safe, these chips are made for overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom