Advice needed

Soldato
A few years ago I gave a local pub one of my pictures to hang for free with an advertised price, if someone was interested I got the money, pub had the free picture to display on the wall for that time.

Anyway nothing ever happened and I've moved away since, I had a signed/dated agreement with the manager at the time that if it got lost stolen the pub would have to pay for the picture.

I thought about it again the other day and decided to give them a call, girl I spoke to said it wasn't on the wall but would ask the manager to give me a call later to see if it was just lying about somewhere. I haven't had a call back yet, I'll probably pop up there sometime next week with the signed agreement and a copy of the picture on my phone so they know which one I'm talking about. Hopefully it's just in an office or something, but if it is lost will I just be able to wave the agreement in front of them and claim compensation? (I pinched the text of the agreement from someone on here, can't remember the exact details, original thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18183220&highlight=startername_PaulStat)

Soldato
It hasn't been a good time for Pubs over the last few years, so there's a chance that the people you did the agreement with are not there. Often pubs are owned by a brewery and are rented by the landlord so you'd have no luck with that.

I think your only hope is that either the same people are there and will give you the picture back/the money or that the new people just redecorated and put it in attic or something as you'd have no claim against them.

Soldato
That's odd. You're saying a landlord has basically agreed to free advertising for you and you'll charge him if he loses the photo?

What sort of a mug accepts that as an agreement?!

Back
Top Bottom