Advice on build

Soldato
I would get slightly faster RAM, 3600MHz is the sweet-spot for RAM on Ryzen3xxx, not a massive difference in performance so if you want the RGB over the 1/2% difference in performance then leave it be.

Windows 10 for £110 is VERY steep, you can get a key elsewhere for £15 and I've never had a problem with them. Graphics is perfectly fine for 1080p gaming, you could go 5700(even XT) for a little more, but if you want to avoid the random issues that these sometimes get then I'm sure you'll be fine with the 5600XT.

Looks like a very nice system.

Soldato
What's your total budget, and what will the rig be used for as mentioned by @lee32uk? What monitor do you use, aka what resolution and refresh rate are you intending to run?

I can see just glancing over your choices that you're spending more for less in some scenarios.

Associate
OP
Thank you for you replies

Budget is about 2000

I need to get a monitor (not sure which one yet, haven’t really looked)

mostly for gaming but with odd bit of general use too

Soldato
You've got a pretty healthy budget, I'd build something along these lines:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,173.15 (includes shipping: £12.30)

1. The X570 elite is fantastic, but you could save money by dropping to a MSI B450 MAX or Carbon and see little to no difference in gaming.
2. Case is a suggestion as you seem to like white, but obviously you can change to something you'd prefer.
3. The NvME I've listed is just as fast but is double the capacity of the overpriced Samsung for the sake of £20 more.
4. Mugen 5 HSF is more than ample for a 3700X while being more reliable and quieter than pricey AiO's.
5. The 5700XT is a much better GPU and will be better suited to a nice 1440P screen, you could opt to spend more on something like a 2070S but the performance difference would be negligible, a 2080S is also within budget but is a lot more expensive.
6. Faster memory, but if you do want RGB there's still room in your budget.

You can get a Windows 10 key for less than £5 if you look around.

The Pixio PX7 prime is a fantastic monitor for around £400, it uses the same panel as more expensive Gigabyte models with similar specs. Here's a review:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/pixio/px7-prime

Plenty of room left in your budget if you want to add some bling, or need more storage space etc. You could even fit an ultra-wide monitor into the build if you'd prefer more screen real estate, decent ones can be had for around £600-700 such as the following:

Total: £649.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You've got a pretty healthy budget, I'd build something along these lines:

Total: £1,173.15 (includes shipping: £12.30)

1. The X570 elite is fantastic, but you could save money by dropping to a MSI B450 MAX or Carbon and see little to no difference in gaming.
2. Case is a suggestion as you seem to like white, but obviously you can change to something you'd prefer.
3. The NvME I've listed is just as fast but is double the capacity of the overpriced Samsung for the sake of £20 more.
4. Mugen 5 HSF is more than ample for a 3700X while being more reliable and quieter than pricey AiO's.
5. The 5700XT is a much better GPU and will be better suited to a nice 1440P screen, you could opt to spend more on something like a 2070S but the performance difference would be negligible, a 2080S is also within budget but is a lot more expensive.
6. Faster memory, but if you do want RGB there's still room in your budget.

You can get a Windows 10 key for less than £5 if you look around.

The Pixio PX7 prime is a fantastic monitor for around £400, it uses the same panel as more expensive Gigabyte models with similar specs. Here's a review:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/pixio/px7-prime

Plenty of room left in your budget if you want to add some bling, or need more storage space etc. You could even fit an ultra-wide monitor into the build if you'd prefer more screen real estate, decent ones can be had for around £600-700 such as the following:

Total: £649.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Sorry to ask but if I was also looking down the route of VR too (Looking ahead abit) should I go the 2070 or the 5070 xt nitro

Soldato
As mentioned the 5700XT should run VR fine - but as can sometime be the issue, AMD drivers can be a PITA with some games (driving sims come to mind from past threads - but may have been resolved.)

Soldato
@Blue fiSh.

If you haven't bought yet consider the build options posted by @tamzzy as there have been changes in pricing since I advised, obviously sans the PSU as you already have a good one. As others have mentioned going Nv might be your best bet if you intend to do VR.

Soldato
For a fat-budget :D of that size i would prob want to have 12 cores serving me :p

Definitely an idea for longevity, but perhaps unnecessary, the 4000 stuff will be out soon and we'll see price drops. Worth waiting for next gen when it comes to higher end CPU's for the platform when just gaming imo.

yeah we all do that. most of my generic builds have the same core, the rest is peeing in the wind dependent on what T-W-O deals area available

Oh yeah.

I've stopped recommending potential deals elsewhere as much, I was actually given a warning at one point for recommending something on OCUK's website. The mod thought I was 'telling people to go elsewhere' based on my not directly linking to the store. Apparently I was lucky to just be warned about it at the time, maybe he was having a rough day or something. My advice since has become much more generic par one or two things, I genuinely like the forum and wouldn't want to get the boot over confusion.

Back
Top Bottom