Advice on buying an laptop

Associate
Hi Guys,
I need your help choosing from the below laptop been offered today, as the one they had is not available now and the below is the model they have where i don't have to pay upgrade fee.

I only need it for General use , web browsing, emails, internet, excel sheet and word document.

I had Gadget insurance with D&G and my laptop from the corner broke and the screen would not come , if I hold it then it would work, however I gave it for repair through insurance and they could not repair it and they are replacing it.

I had a Sony vaio laptop computer 14inch screen and it was outdated and uneconomical to repair and they don’t make Sony vaio laptop anymore.

So I am thinking of buying this ASUS/ ACER/ HP/ lenovo laptop for Emails, word document, excel document, picture alteration may be paint and internet by opening few tabs at one go, so would this computer good enough for my everyday use or do I need a 8GB ram and 512 Gb storage.

In the below models the screen sizes varies form 14.0inch to 17.3inch.

Your HELP in this will be really appreciated, so i can order it tomorrow.

This is not available from their supplier. The below link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Vivobook-M1605YA-R5-5625U-Processor/dp/B0CCYVHHWB

Acer Laptop NX.KENEK.005​

Acer Laptop NX.KM6EK.004​

Asus Laptop X515MA-EJ869W​

Asus Laptop X705MA-BX269W - PART NUMBER X705MA-BX245W​

HP Laptop 894M3EA#ABU​

Asus Laptop X1502ZA-EJ465W​

Asus Laptop X1704ZA-AU037W - PART NUMBER X1702ZA-AU119W​

Asus Laptop CX3402CBA-PQ0202​

Asus Laptop E1504FA-NJ649W​

HP Laptop 8B4U3EA#ABU​

Lenovo Laptop 82VG00FAUK​

Associate
OP
I am thinking of purchasing this model

Asus Laptop X1502ZA-EJ465W.​

I will go with this model due to bigger Hard drives storage 512Gb and 15.6inch screen and it has 8GB DDR5L.

It has Microsoft windows 11 and wasn’t sure about Google Android Chrome OS . There are other operating systems makes it more confusing, Like Linux and Apple macOS will be out of my budget.

One more question is it better to keep the battery connected to laptop or take the battery off and just use the mains , as my laptop will be near the main plug. The reason I am asking is to preserve the battery health and life if the battery, as my laptop will be in one location.

Last edited:
Soldato
Batteries in modern laptops are not easily removable. Most if not all laptops have the facility to only charge the battery to 60% to preserve its life when the laptop is normally powered from the mains.

Back
Top Bottom