Advice on this build (£2000ish)

Associate
Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of informed opinion/advice - I'm constructing a build with a monitor already in place. I have the Strix PG279Q (lucky with the BLB/pixels). I'm using this mainly for gaming, just wondered if I'm making any errors here or should take it in a different direction. Budget is moderately flexible, already have the mouse and keyboard. Also to add, I am keen to overclock the build, so anything regarding the cooling situation would assist.

Many thanks!
JB

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,973.98 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Lee,

Thanks for polishing up the build and the pointers.

I’m happy to make the change to Aorus MoBo if they are truly better than the Asus ones. I can see there is a WiFi version of that Aorus which is what I was after.

I wasn’t 100% set on that specific GPU, if there is another 2080 that is better recommended around the price point, more than happy to be signposted.

Cheers,
JB

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Thanks for looking over the spec, I have found the Aorus Pro WiFi and it looks good so I’ll likely stick with that one rather than the ROG.

Am I also best going with a Gigabite 2080? Aside from that, I had seen an MSI Ventus model that I was considering at £665ish.

Do any of you have experience with a Phanteks Enthoo Evolov X case? Any glaring issue (besides cost)?

Thanks,
JB

Back
Top Bottom