Advice on torque settings? Lexmoto.

Soldato
Hi all,
Got myself a 2019 Lexmoto ZSB 125cc. Everything works on it but are there any torque settings anywhere? Could do with back axle for when I've got to adjust chain for a start but could do with others as well.

Soldato
There will probably be a workshop manual but need to do some real googling to try and find a PDF of it.

There are sites that have them but youll need to pay for it.

Otherwise if you can't find it on Google and it's not in the manual, a don't know where else, you could look at the sizes of each and compare against like for like, eg if the rear axle nut is 27mm look for other bikes with 27mm axel but and see what the torque on that one is, I am not 100% sure if they will match but at a guess (stress guess) I would imagine they be similar.

I just eyebal the vast majority of this stuff though and not had problems, you get used to roughly what things should be the main key is not to overtorque, it's the mistake most people make, it only needs to be tight enough not to come loose.

Edit: actually whilst I think about it another handy tip if you don't have the torque values/torque wrench is use a short spanner/ratchet to tighten, you'll get less mechanical force due to less leverage which will help with this.

Man of Honour
Even Lexmoto couldn't give me a list of torque settings!

They are literally put together by feel and guesswork lol.
To be fair that's how I've worked on my last 3 bikes and nothing has ever fallen off.

Only time I'd use a torque wrench really is for inside the engine.

Soldato
OP
I use torque wrenches because bolts snap or round off if done too much. Also if done too much you can impact on wheel bearings etc wearing them out quicker or not having it done up enough and you lose the bolt. In this day and age I'd have assumed every manufacturer builds to a design with known tolerances. Ah well.

Associate
BMW have the reprom which I get for whichever bike I have. It's pretty much the workshop manual as I understand it. Maybe offer to throw money at whoever you speak to at the manufacturer and they may sell a similar thing. Depends how desperate they are to keep people going back I suppose.

Soldato
OP
I've asked but it's like asking what blood type people are, they don't know and don't care because they take it to dealers lol.

I've asked Lexmoto on Facebook - their response was laughable. A sheet with bolt size and torque setting. I'm pretty sure a 6mm bolt in the engine will be different to a 6mm pinch bolt. 20mm bolt diameter about 480ftlb? 6mm bolt diameter 7ftlb?

Soldato
480ftlb!!!!! That's like for the transmission axel on a cruise ship!!!!!!

Or not even nearly enough for the front sprocket nut on an SV650 :) .... anyone who has ever done one will know lol.

Soldato
Typically, rear axles on larger bikes are around 120-130Nm. For an 125 I wouldn't be so sure. I know my friend's From was something like 50Nm, but that is a small bike made out of cheese.

If you know the nut size you run off a general engineering guide. I know old Honda manuals used to give you a standard torque value for general fastener sizes. If I were to guess, I'd torque up to 90Nm then carry on up in increments of 10Nm based on feel.

Back
Top Bottom