• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Advice please on potential upgrade...

Associate
Hi all,

I currently have an i7 6700 (non K) with an asus h170 pro gaming mobo. Titan X, 16gb vengeance lpx with a samsung 960 pro m.2 drive and other HDD.

My question is this... Would it be a worthwhile upgrade to get a maximus ix Code with i7 7700K?

If I could have some expanded rationale that would be great.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
for now id hold off until at least coffee lake hits sometime around aug/sep. but if you dont need the extra power for anything id try and wait for the next drop in nm size due next year with intel or amd. but maybe better off to wait for the next round of gpu upgrades will make a better bang for your buck i bet.

EHD

EHD

Associate
Even the 4790K seems to hold up fine against the newer generation chips so I think you'll be good to wait a good couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom