Advice With Kolink PSU

Associate
Okay so im buying a custom PC from Overclockers Uk. (before anyone says build myself, dont fancy it with screaming kids running around xD)
The PSU they use in a lot of them and that theyve selected for mine is a Kolink Classic Power 600W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply. Never heard of them before, From what i can gather theyre German built not chineese junk, But ive also got my concerns having never heard of them. The PC comes with 3 years warranty. So on one hand i doubt theyd use them if they had a lot ot issues as its just gonna cost them in time and money for fixing machines... Does anyone know of these and should it be safe enough to not kill my PC?... Id upgrade it to another but 1) Im maxed out on what i can spend and 2) like it seems like almost every PSU is out of stock atm the only others they have in like corsair are overly expensive any way more than i need. I did find a be quiet pure power 11 600w 80plus gold that i may be able to swing if itd really make a difference. or would the Kolink be fine? 0 experience with them, Ive found a couple of reviews on google that seem positive but 7 reviews isnt a lot of info...
Not sure if it really makes any difference but im going of a Ryzen 3700x with a 2070 SUPER.

Soldato
Personally I would want to go with a decent gold unit with a 7-10 year warranty as a good quality psu will likely see you through 2-3 builds. Worth the investment imo.

Associate
OP
Personally I would want to go with a decent gold unit with a 7-10 year warranty as a good quality psu will likely see you through 2-3 builds. Worth the investment imo.
Would this one be safe for like a year or so? also would it be okay wattage wise?
2070 Super
3700x
2x8GB
512GB SSD
2TB HDD
ATX motherboard

Soldato
Would the be quiet not be good enough?

The Phanteks AMP is a much better supply and as stated has a 10 year warranty vs the 3 of the Be Quiet.

The last thing you skimp on is your PSU, it's the most important part in your PC. If you can spend what is likely over a grand on a new rig you can afford another £20 on a substantially better PSU.

I'd also verify which motherboard they intend to use, OCUK have used low end (poor VRM) boards such as the Gigabyte B450 DS3H in some of their prebuilds.

You'd be better off giving us your maximum budget and getting a part list, OCUK will build whatever list you take to them for a fee.

Associate
OP
The Phanteks AMP is a much better supply and as stated has a 10 year warranty vs the 3 of the Be Quiet.

The last thing you skimp on is your PSU, it's the most important part in your PC. If you can spend what is likely over a grand on a new rig you can afford another £20 on a substantially better PSU.

I'd also verify which motherboard they intend to use, OCUK have used low end (poor VRM) boards such as the Gigabyte B450 DS3H in some of their prebuilds.

You'd be better off giving us your maximum budget and getting a part list, OCUK will build whatever list you take to them for a fee.
My max budet is £1450. If you can come up with a better part list with whats in stock thats fine by me :) dont wanna go below a 2070 Super tho

Soldato
My max budet is £1450. If you can come up with a better part list with whats in stock thats fine by me :) dont wanna go below a 2070 Super tho

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,244.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

It could be worth going for a B550 if you feel you need the features, but there's not many options in stock right now.

You would need to install Windows 10 yourself, but that's very easily done with a USB stick.

If you feel you need more storage you can get a 2TB HDD for around £50 from OC.

I imagine the build fee will be around £100-150, but you'll need to contact OCUK customer support to get the exacts.

Man of Honour
Depends what Kolink it is. I am not sure on the Classic Power line but do have a continuum 850 platinum that I have as a spare and is currently in use in the wifes machine after being removed from a miner. That PSU is actually a very decent unit. It doesn't hold a candle to the seasonic platinums in my other machines but it hasn't caused me any issues at all either.

Soldato
Depends what Kolink it is. I am not sure on the Classic Power line but do have a continuum 850 platinum that I have as a spare and is currently in use in the wifes machine after being removed from a miner. That PSU is actually a very decent unit. It doesn't hold a candle to the seasonic platinums in my other machines but it hasn't caused me any issues at all either.

The Continuum is a decent supply if you can get it on heavy discount, I'd have a problem buying a platinum rated unit that only has a 5 year warranty however. Even mid range Seasonic's and similar have 7-10 years minimum, I'd rather go with the company that has faith in it's product. The PSU in the OP's system would have been one of their cheapo bronze junk units, they're pretty common in prebuilds.

Back
Top Bottom