Advice with these cases please

Associate
Building two gaming pc ( never done it before) I’ve not bought anything yet just researching everything first to try and make easier. Will I be able to change the speed and colour or will they just run at 100% and the colour just change randomly.

Thanks for any feedback.

Your link is broken. I assume you are asking if you can change the colour scheme of a case you are hoping to buy? RGB is not fully standardised, so it will largely depend on what you are buying. There are guides and the important thing is to understand the proprietary brands. You could try finding a yt review if the case has a built in fan controller.

To jump straight to the crux of the matter: ARGB (Addressable Red Green Blue) is the more recent technology and the more capable of the two. If you want to have dynamic, flexible, configurable lighting then ARGB is really the only option worth considering. RGB lighting, by comparison, generally offers static, single-color lighting.

• Includes RGB hub and remote for controlling effects and fan speeds

Last edited:
Will I be able to change the speed and colour or will they just run at 100% and the colour just change randomly.
In regards to cases specifically: assuming the fans are ARGB then they are usually controlled by either: the motherboard, or button(s) on top of the case. You can check the case specs and the manual to find out what options are available to you.

If you plug them into the motherboard, it allows you to sync the case fans with other RGB on your PC, though this requires the installation of proprietary software and can get tricky if you mix brands. There are some open source alternatives that try to combine control of devices into one app, but YMMV.

I was considering buying these two cases

Kolink Observatory MX Mesh ARGB Midi Tower Case - White​

Montech X3 Mesh Midi-Tower RGB Tempered Glass - White​

I’ve see a yt build with the Montech with the cable management it look an easier case to build in. Not so sure about the kolink tho.

I was considering buying these two cases

Kolink Observatory MX Mesh ARGB Midi Tower Case - White​

Montech X3 Mesh Midi-Tower RGB Tempered Glass - White​

I’ve see a yt build with the Montech with the cable management it look an easier case to build in. Not so sure about the kolink tho.
I'd advise spending £10 extra on a Sky Two GX tbh

I'd advise spending £10 extra on a Sky Two GX tbh
Comes with an argb hub so can be plugged into 5v argb socket on a motherboard and controlled by software. Six fan headers and it does not appear to be powered.

The kolink observatory has argb headers on the fans, they appear to daisy chain. Comes with five fans ( hopefully not all daisy chained).

The x3 mesh is RGB. Six fans 12v only via molex.

Last edited:
It's 50 squids with six fans. You can run the fans at 7v with some jankery.

The sky two gx looks a good deal but you need a 120mm fan exhaust. As the hub is not powered, I would not power (torque) more than the three 140mm fans from it unless you are confident the don't pull more than 0.3A or the fan header on the motherboard is 2A as opposed to the standard 1A. Fans quite often spin at max power in boot.

Last edited:
After many hours of YouTube videos I think this will be in the shopping basket

be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ARGB Midi Tower Case - White Tempered Glass​

It’s over what I really wanted to spend but oh well. Just got pick one more now.

Back
Top Bottom