Advise, comments, tips on next system upgrades....

Associate
This is my current setup:

CPU: C2D E6400 @ 2.8GHz (Max mobo will allow)
MOBO: ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI
RAM: 2GB Corsair TWIN2X
GFX: nVIDIA 7300GS (bargain!)
DISPLAY Acer 1917WAs 19" widescreen
HDD: 300GB MAXTOR 6L300S0
DVD-RW Pioneer DVR-110DBK
CD-RW Yamaha CRW-F1
AUDIO: Trust 5.1 SC-5250
Also Trust 5.1 headphones - (another bargain at £20! and very very good!)

My next planned upgrade is aAsus P5N32-E SLI mobo so I can then so SLI. Now is the mobo worth the money? I'd like to OC the C2D a load more (3.2GHz+) and think from what I've read that board will be the best option, obviously not on stock cooling! Would love a striker extreme but think thats a little OTT for my needs and wallet - sadly.
I also need some advise on what card/s to go for, I have to say the 7300GS is a absolute bargain for what it can do, even comes with bundled OC software! However I'd like something thats SLI and has a bit more balls, ok, could go for a pair of 7300 GT's ... worth it? Also I'd like to get a better PSU, I'm using a ColorsIT LED 650w at the moment, not the best in the world.
Cases wise, not essential I know but thinkind Thermaltake Tsumani again, would love a Zaldman Fatality case, sexy stuff!
HDD's! Well, I have just taken delivery of 2 160GB samsung HD160JJ SATA 3.0's, RAID 0 or RAID 1 with a PCI controller? Or splash out on 2 more drives and go RAID 5? Or better to just use the onboard RAID controller with which ever mobo I get.

Also how do I find out the figures of my overclocking, I'm at 2.8GHz now but not sure what fsb, steping???? but its maxed out on BIOS options.

All advice and comments welcome for a new OC'er. :p

Megahurtz400 said:
Really no point in going SLI with two old-ish cards.
Keep the 7300 fort now and save for a carc in the 8800 range, will blow 2x 7300's out of the water as you dont get a massive power increase!

ok kool, was a thought, and a 8800 spec card will defo destroy those budget cards, was just thinking of an economy temp fps boost.
those big end cards frighten my pocket though ha ha

Back
Top Bottom