Affinity Team Spring Sale

Associate
Morning all

From time to time people ask what software others are using for photo editing, the Adobe suite is often very popular, having used it myself for a long time, but many are unhappy with the subscription service, including myself. I moved to a combination of Capture One Express and Affinity Photo and from time to time affinity have a sale.

Affinity Photo which is similar to Photoshop is currently 50% off and at £23.99 is a bit of a bargain in my opnion:

I have not affiliation with either Capture One or Affinity but thought this might come in handy for some.

EDIT: Looks like their ipad version are also half price

Darren

Soldato
Totally agree. I find it an excellent alternative to Photoshop at barely a snip of the cost. To be fair, Photoshop still edges it slightly for features but only the most avid of users or Pro's would notice. Personally I haven't found a single thing I can't do in Affinity that I couldn't do in PS but in fairness I've barely scratched the surface of either.

Where Affinity falls down is in photo enhancement compared to the likes of Lightroom and Capture One etc and I would agree - particularly with Fujifilm files (I can't comment on other RAW files).

Associate
OP
Totally agree. I find it an excellent alternative to Photoshop at barely a snip of the cost. To be fair, Photoshop still edges it slightly for features but only the most avid of users or Pro's would notice. Personally I haven't found a single thing I can't do in Affinity that I couldn't do in PS but in fairness I've barely scratched the surface of either.

Where Affinity falls down is in photo enhancement compared to the likes of Lightroom and Capture One etc and I would agree - particularly with Fujifilm files (I can't comment on other RAW files).

Yes agreed, 95% of my work is in Capture One with only a little in Affinity, was the same kind of ratio when I used LR/PS. I don't know how much the Creative Cloud suite is now but I think I was paying maybe £15-£10 per month so Capture One plus Affinity is saving me a fortune and like you I have not found either lacking really for my needs, just a bit of learning curve that is all.

Associate
OP
Totally agree. The change from Adobe CC to Affinity stuff paid for itself in a matter of months for me. (Similarly Davinci Resolve.)

I'm considering switching to Mac soon, so may actually buy the licenses in advance ... its a pity they are not transferrable.
I don't edit videos but my son uses Da Vinci Resolve and seems very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom