After new OLED/4k tv -but dish “miles away” any adaptors that work?

Associate
Good afternoon.

Not got a 4k tv yet, but my 10 year old sharp (37inch) - though serving me well, needs upgrading.

I’ve got my current tv connected to the satellite dish and and an old humax Freesat box. However, I need a new tv now - preferably 55 inches. The location for a new 55-incher’ is proving difficult though, however, as the satellite dish is 20-30 feet away from my desired location for the 4KTV, as a 55 (or possibly 49) wouldn’t fit in the corner that my sharp tv occupies At the moment.

I was wondering if there we’re any “adapters” to send signals across to a new 4k tv (i believe there are adaptors for things like LAN cables if you have your pc miles way from the telephone/modem port) so was wondering if such a accessory exists? If not, then extension cables are probably the only way (or lots of drilling to re-locate my dish.

Thanks

Caporegime
Tbh I’d just get a longer satellite cable. Is it Sky? They’ll do a ‘deinstall/reinstall’ for £60 (I think, it’s been a year!) and do a complete new cable run.

Associate
OP
Ok, thanks misschief. I think cables (extension ones) are probably the best option, as not easy getting installers out during lockdown etc. Not sky, no - just a satellite dish for my Freesat box 10 years go!

Back
Top Bottom