After the games...

Soldato
Once all is done and dusted what's going to happen to the Olympic park?

Are the venues going to be left for use by our athletes or will they be demolished?

Soldato
The Legacy website explains most of the plans and as to what structures will be kept:
http://www.londonlegacy.co.uk

They big one though is of course the usage of the Stadium.
It has to be kept as an athletics venue, available for use and training whenever required. Capacity will be significantly reduced, but it will remain the third biggest stadium in London (behind Wembley and Twickenham).

The four short listed bids for wanting to take over the stadium with the above stipulation are:

- West Ham Football Club
- Leyton Orient Football Club
- A company representing the NFL
- A company with the interest of holding an F1 race

Last edited:
Soldato
Olympic village is to become apartments.

Not the entire Park... it will still have a number of the venues and function as a traditional park. Plus more leisure facilities will be built, such as a 1km road cycling and 8km mountain biking circuit by the Velodrome.

I've seen at least one website offering guided tours of the park. Is this legit?

I saw people doing what appeared to be tours during the Games. Presumably I would think they would need to be licensed to operate. The Park won't reopen fully until 2014, so I doubt there will be any real tours until then. By that stage, if its a public park, I would think anybody might be able to lead a tour.

I personally just hope the Stadium doesn't become a football club, I think it deserves to be something other than that.

Soldato
I'd much prefer seeing it as it is now before they dismantle a few of the arenas, bridges and downscale the stadium. Might email the official website to find out about tours or legitimacy of sites offering them.

Soldato
I'd much prefer seeing it as it is now before they dismantle a few of the arenas, bridges and downscale the stadium. Might email the official website to find out about tours or legitimacy of sites offering them.

Probably the best course of action.

I was just under the impression that since it doesn't reopen for sometime, it is probably going to just be one big construction site, which of course has its dangers. I'm not sure what the security arrangements were before the games, but I presume they will implement similar boundaries, but perhaps not so heavily manned.

Back
Top Bottom