****Age of Empires IV****

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've some reason totally lost interest in the game now. Can't find myself wanting to play it.

I think in reality, I'd like a much slower longer term version of aoe, where you play it over many sessions to create a large empire.

200 map limit, and the maps not being that big, really are a shame imo.

Aoe2 had 250 limit. Aoe4 all these years later has just 200.
What you are describing does not sound like an aoe game to be honest. Also, not many games reach a point where you max your population. 50 more would not make much of a difference imo.

Weird. For me every game I play I reach max population.

Start I never stop building villagers, always queue full to really stack up the resources, while also then building an army and all of a sudden I'm maxed out, having to kill villagers to make space for my army and even then that then maxes out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Weird. For me every game I play I reach max population.

Start I never stop building villagers, always queue full to really stack up the resources, while also then building an army and all of a sudden I'm maxed out, having to kill villagers to make space for my army and even then that then maxes out.
I either kill or get killed most if the time before reaching max and being stuck. I mean once you have max army go attack. Won't be max for long :p

Are you playing AI? As even on the hardest difficulty it is only hard the first 5-10 minutes. After that it is easy if you survive the early attack. So you can sit back and max out army.

I am sure mods or custom modes will solve the issue soon :)

Soldato
all of a sudden I'm maxed out, having to kill villagers to make space for my army and even then that then maxes out.

Surely this is the point they have a max amount, to make you strategise? It won't be a technical limit, it will be an actual decision to make you consider how you use resources, surely?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Surely this is the point they have a max amount, to make you strategise? It won't be a technical limit, it will be an actual decision to make you consider how you use resources, surely?
Yeah I think so. It is not technical for sure.

What they should do is make a no rush treaty mode where they increase pop limit in that mode.

Sure. But why? Why when the limit was 250 is it now 200.

If you had the ability to have huge maps, you'd need multiple armies to defend each base. That would need more than 200 units total.

Give the ability is all I'm asking

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

If you had the ability to have huge maps, you'd need multiple armies to defend each base. That would need more than 200 units total.

Thing is, that would not exactly be the same game and balancing may change. Sounds more like Supreme Commander. I think they should enable a mod for such a thing though which would be fun.

I know what you mean though. Had they taken more risks and innovated it could have been interesting. I feel they played it very safe with this release.

Associate
I had fun dong the campaign. In fact so much fun I restarted the campaign... but then I hit a snag. It doesn't seem to remember where I am in the redo. I don't play for a few days so forget what level I was on. If I select continue, I end up playing the final chapter every time.
I just want to load it up and play, not read every level and work out if I had played that one or not.
Such a small thing I need (someone will now tell me there's a button to reset the campaign that I missed...)

Soldato

yeh with ao2 definitive and hd edition you could have up to 500 pop per player..

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Great game. I have over 100 hours on steam, but had to uninstall as only so much time one has and there are other games to play. Plus as you level up it ends up getting very hard against others where is goes from fun to being somewhat stressful :p

It's good, but I wish it was bigger maps/unit count. I don't play online though so only get so much from the ai which is also OK, but not that good. There always seems to be an issue with these games where you just have to struggle for x amount of time, and then the enemy just kind of goes into limp mode and you then have won but you need to spend 2 hours killing everyone.

Back
Top Bottom