• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

"Agent 47 is dressed up in AMD red"

Permabanned
I've read some ridiculous statements on here over the years but you take the crown !
https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxsucks/

2ngf1hnx90b81.jpg

f9841rxqq6n71.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished the game again already. I decided to go on full out kill mode and basically just shoot everyone or do them in ie push NPC's over the balcony/wall/etc. I think my longest was just over 30 minutes a mission. The entrance hall in Dartmoor for instance was littered with bodies. My personal challenge was to use every chandelier as a kill too.Bit sadistic but it was quite enjoyable. Escaped in the hearse, thought it was quite fitting. The flooring in the house has really good light reflections to me it is as good as RT so not sure what their update with RT will bring later in the year. Managed to stop my killing spree for a few seconds to admire the flooring.

Man of Honour
Toms Hardware didn't have the 6700XT on the chart and i just noticed it match the RTX 3080, that's mental.

It's also just one game, so hardly representative of an overall gaming experience between the cards. Also there's no RT so there's that too. All this shows is that the game is highly optimised on AMD cards, but even still when you're looking at over 150fps who is even counting the framerate pennies??

Caporegime
Finished the game again already. I decided to go on full out kill mode and basically just shoot everyone or do them in ie push NPC's over the balcony/wall/etc. I think my longest was just over 30 minutes a mission. The entrance hall in Dartmoor for instance was littered with bodies. My personal challenge was to use every chandelier as a kill too.Bit sadistic but it was quite enjoyable. Escaped in the hearse, thought it was quite fitting. The flooring in the house has really good light reflections to me it is as good as RT so not sure what their update with RT will bring later in the year. Managed to stop my killing spree for a few seconds to admire the flooring.
Chuckled reading this. :cry:

Caporegime
OP
It's also just one game, so hardly representative of an overall gaming experience between the cards. Also there's no RT so there's that too. All this shows is that the game is highly optimised on AMD cards, but even still when you're looking at over 150fps who is even counting the framerate pennies??

I think it might be something indicative to Nvidia's Thread Scheduling, it just isn't anything like as efficient as AMD's so the CPU creates a bottleneck much much sooner than it does with AMD's architecture, that would be most pronounced at a lower resolution.

I think this is starting to become a problem for Nvidia, what we are looking at here is the start of it, and as GPU's are rumoured to become around 2X as powerful as they are now in the next round this problem will grow to such an extent that its even more pronounced at 1440P than it is a 1080P now.

609st93.png

Man of Honour
It would be a problem only if it was evident in most games, which it is not. Two games using their own engines is not the start of a big problem. I cannot see this being any sort of issue going forwards at all.

Permabanned
Tut tut! :p

What cpu you using?

I went from a overclocked ryzen 2600 to 5600x with the 3080 and the difference was night and day especially with the 1% and 0.1% lows.

Still on a 3770k. I have an empty Fractal Torrent with a few other bits sitting in the corner since before christmas. I've just been so busy, but I'll get a 12900k ordered before the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom