AGV helmet & wind noise help...

Associate
i recently bought a new helmet to replace my arai condor (now relise the mistake)....:rolleyes:

note to people dont buy an arai then exspect to be able to use another make.

anyway i have bought an AGV S4 SV gold and black helmet. (needle and hay stack) there was only one in the country in my size.

anyway now after a 5 mintues test ride in the $%^& thing i cant go above 40mph due to the unbearable wind noise, its like having two ref whistles constantly blown into your ears.

if tried many times to alter the visor fitting but i just cant fix the problem.

the visor dose not seal well against the rubber and is letting air in some where around the visor mechs on the sides but i just cant get the visor to pull tight.

obviously as normal i cant take it back as ive used it.

has anyone here had problems with agv helmets? any recommendations?

Associate
Earplugs i'm afraid

Only helmet i've ever owned that i can ride above 70 on without plugs is my schuberth. But you pay for that as they not cheap.

Arai's, shoei etc all owned and always had earplugs.

Currently i have an AGV airtech also just for local kicking about and hooning and got custom molded earplugs for it, and in fact even wear them now with the schuberth as just makes it even quieter and any noise can be bad for your hearing. Better safe than sorry

Associate
OP
ive never had a problem with my arai and not needed to where ear plugs either, must be due to the snugg fit.

but as for the AGV i dont think even ear plugs would work for the noise of that helmet.

thing is that is i put the visor up on the agv its slient, then i just have to deal with my eyes drying out...

Associate
OP
i says agv on it and has the right stamps so as far as i know its a gen part.

motorcycle shops should be fitted with a minin wind tunnel so you can test the helmets for noise without walking out the shop.

Tea Drinker
Don
You could try masking tape on the joints to see if it is the visor, that shouldn't damage the helmet, I have noticed going from a 10yr old helmet to a brand new XR1100 that the newer one is much noisier because of the increased ventilation capability, I don't need earplugs on my old one but can see me getting some on the new one

Associate
OP
yeah what ever happend to vemar helemts they were silent. i still have a few knocking around but their probally damaged from the sun now there so old lol.

dont really want ear plugs and the reason for the new helmet was to fit AGVoice which is moulded into the helmet lining, so i could listen to music etc...

Associate
OP
check out AGVoice there specially made to fit in agv helmets no exterior fittings and yes blue tooth.

i do have a starcomm BT2GO which i have had refurbished and gonna sell. there also a good bluetooth setup just to much wire to hide inside an arai without removable lining.

Associate
daft point but have you got the top airvents opened? I have a Chameleon AGV K4 and with the top vents open its a howler. I do notice its not the best seal around the visor but not so bad to be unwearable...I have erm, speed tested mine and find its pretty good with ear plugs in.

Associate
daft point but have you got the top airvents opened? I have a Chameleon AGV K4 and with the top vents open its a howler. I do notice its not the best seal around the visor but not so bad to be unwearable...I have erm, speed tested mine and find its pretty good with ear plugs in.

My Shoei... Raid II was fine as fast as I ever went, that I recall. Then I got an Arai... something, and whilst pretty quiet it does make some odd whistles that vary on head attitude!

The tape around visor seems a good idea to try and locate the source.

Would silicone beaded at edge of seal/visor be a really bad idea? :)

Soldato
Never had any noise issues with my old AGV X-Vent, if the visor is not closing correctly then I'd be arguing that it's faulty and needs replacing/refunding.

Back
Top Bottom